Hazardous Weather Conditions
Last Update: 311 AM PDT FRI OCT 24 2014
Coastal Waters from Point Arena to Point Reyes out to 10 nm
Marine Zone Forecast
...SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM THIS EVENING THROUGH
- SynopsisHIGH PRESSURE OFF THE SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA COAST WILL WEAKEN AS A
DEEPENING LOW PRESSURE SYSTEM APPROACHES FROM THE WEST.
THE LOW WILL LIFT NORTHEAST ON SATURDAY MOVING INLAND OVER THE
PACIFIC NORTHWEST SATURDAY NIGHT. SOUTH WINDS WILL INCREASE TODAY
THROUGH SATURDAY THEN SWITCH TO NORTHWEST SATURDAY NIGHT AND
SUNDAY. THE LOW WILL BRING A SLIGHT CHANCE OF THUNDERSTORMS TO THE
NORTHERN WATERS SATURDAY.
- Today SE winds 10 to 20 kt. Wind waves 2 to 4 ft. NW swell 6 to 8 ft at 12 seconds. Patchy fog in the morning.
- Tonight SE winds 15 to 25 kt. Wind waves 4 to 7 ft. NW swell 8 to 10 ft at 12 seconds. Slight chance of rain in the evening... Then rain likely after midnight.
- Sat S winds 20 to 30 kt. Wind waves 4 to 6 ft. NW swell 9 to 11 ft at 12 seconds. Rain in the morning. Slight chance of thunderstorms through the day. Showers likely in the afternoon.
- Sat Night NW winds 5 to 15 kt. Wind waves 1 to 3 ft. NW swell 9 to 11 ft at 13 seconds. Chance of showers in the evening...then slight chance of showers after midnight.
- Sun NW winds 5 to 15 kt...increasing to 15 to 25 kt. Wind waves 3 to 5 ft. NW swell 5 to 7 ft at 13 seconds.
- Mon NW winds 15 to 25 kt. Wind waves 3 to 5 ft. NW swell 4 to 6 ft.
- Tue SW winds 10 kt. Wind waves 2 ft or less. NW swell 6 to 8 ft. Slight chance of rain.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Coastal Waters from Point Arena to Point Reyes out to 10 nm
ABOUT THIS FORECAST
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE