Another Round of Winter Weather Tracking across the Nation this Weekend
Significant winter weather continues to plague the nation as another storm system tracks from coast to coast this weekend. Heavy snow and unseasonable cold will impact parts of the West on Saturday, while even colder temperatures and life-threatening wind chills spread through the Northern Plains. Sleet and freezing rain is forecast from the Tennessee Valley to Mid-Atlantic on Sunday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedNW 5 mph
- Barometer30.72 in (1041.7 mb)
- Dewpoint-2°F (-19°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill6°F (-14°C)
Current conditions at
Iowa City Municipal Airport (KIOW)
Lat: 41.63 Lon: -91.54 Elev: 650ft.
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon Mostly sunny, with a high near 16. North wind around 5 mph.
- Tonight Increasing clouds, with a low around 8. Wind chill values as low as zero. North wind 5 to 10 mph becoming east after midnight.
- Sunday Snow. High near 24. East wind 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of around 2 inches.
- Sunday Night Snow likely before midnight. Cloudy, with a low around 10. Wind chill values as low as zero. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 16.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 4.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 23. Breezy.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 8.
- Wednesday Partly sunny, with a high near 16.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 4.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 25.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 18.
- Friday Partly sunny, with a high near 34.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Johnson County, IA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE