Proposed changes to icons on NWS Point Forecast Pages
The National Weather Service is collecting comments on proposed changes to the icons we use on our Point Forecast Pages. These changes are intended to enhance communication of rapidly changing weather conditions, while also highlighting current weather hazards
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedNW 3 mph
- Barometer29.72 in (1006.9 mb)
- Dewpoint36°F (2°C)
- Visibility8.00 mi
Current conditions at
Iowa City Municipal Airport (KIOW)
Lat: 41.63°N Lon: 91.54°W Elev: 650ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight Mostly cloudy, with a low around 35. North wind around 5 mph.
- Tuesday A 40 percent chance of rain after 4pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 46. Northeast wind 5 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph.
- Tuesday Night Rain and snow, becoming all snow after 10pm. Low around 26. Blustery, with a north wind 15 to 20 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Wednesday Partly sunny, with a high near 33.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 18.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 50.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 33.
- Friday Sunny, with a high near 52.
- Friday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 29.
- Saturday Mostly sunny, with a high near 45.
- Saturday Night A slight chance of rain and snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 28.
- Sunday A slight chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 39.
- Sunday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 23.
- Monday Partly sunny, with a high near 38.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Johnson County, IA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE