Major Winter Storm Continues Moving into the Eastern Third of the U.S. While Another System Begins Impacting the West Coast
Snow, sleet, freezing rain and heavy rainfall will continue to impact the eastern third of the U.S. through the weekend. Extremely cold temperatures will continue to settle into the western two-thirds of the country behind this storm system. In the meantime, a reinforcing shot of cold air is beginning to impact the West Coast as the next system approaches.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedE 12 mph
- Barometer30.45 in (1036.5 mb)
- Dewpoint-6°F (-21°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill-12°F (-24°C)
Current conditions at
Garden City Regional Airport (KGCK)
Lat: 37.94 Lon: -100.72 Elev: 2882ft.
Garden City KS
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight Partly cloudy, with a low around -3. Wind chill values as low as -15. South southeast wind around 7 mph.
- Saturday A 20 percent chance of light snow after 2pm. Mostly cloudy and cold, with a high near 15. Wind chill values as low as -18. Breezy, with a south southeast wind 6 to 11 mph increasing to 15 to 20 mph in the afternoon.
- Saturday Night Cloudy, with a low around 8. Wind chill values as low as -11. Southeast wind 15 to 17 mph.
- Sunday Cloudy, with a high near 19. Wind chill values as low as -8. Southeast wind 6 to 14 mph becoming north in the afternoon.
- Sunday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 4. North northwest wind around 11 mph.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 19.
- Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 7.
- Tuesday Sunny, with a high near 34.
- Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 13.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 33.
- Wednesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 13.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 40.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 19.
- Friday Sunny, with a high near 42.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Finney County, KS
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE