Proposed changes to icons on NWS Point Forecast Pages
The National Weather Service is collecting comments on proposed changes to the icons we use on our Point Forecast Pages. These changes are intended to enhance communication of rapidly changing weather conditions, while also highlighting current weather hazards
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedNE 14 mph
- Barometer29.67 in (1005.2 mb)
- Dewpoint36°F (2°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill40°F (4°C)
Current conditions at
Iowa City Municipal Airport (KIOW)
Lat: 41.63°N Lon: 91.54°W Elev: 650ft.
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon A 30 percent chance of rain, mainly after 5pm. Cloudy, with a high near 45. Breezy, with a northeast wind 15 to 20 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph.
- Tonight Rain and snow, becoming all snow after 11pm. Low around 26. Blustery, with a north wind 20 to 25 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.
- Wednesday A 20 percent chance of snow before 1pm. Partly sunny, with a high near 30. Blustery, with a north wind 15 to 20 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 13.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 45.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 32.
- Friday Sunny, with a high near 50.
- Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 27.
- Saturday Mostly sunny, with a high near 43.
- Saturday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 26.
- Sunday A slight chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 37.
- Sunday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 21.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 38.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Johnson County, IA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE