Winter Weather Affecting Much of the Country
Winter weather conditions are affecting much of the country this week. Cold air is plunging into the Western and Central U.S., as heavy snow continues across the Northern Plains and Great Lakes. As the system moves east and south, a major icing event is forecast for portions of the Southern Plains to the Ozarks and into the Ohio Valley beginning Thursday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedW 14 mph
- Barometer30.10 in (1020.2 mb)
- Dewpoint6°F (-14°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill0°F (-18°C)
Current conditions at
Iowa City Municipal Airport (KIOW)
Lat: 41.63 Lon: -91.54 Elev: 650ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Today Partly sunny, with a high near 22. Wind chill values as low as -5. Breezy, with a northwest wind 15 to 20 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph.
- Tonight Partly cloudy, with a low around 7. Wind chill values as low as -5. Northwest wind 10 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 16. Wind chill values as low as -10. Northwest wind around 10 mph.
- Friday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 3. Wind chill values as low as -10.
- Saturday Sunny, with a high near 17.
- Saturday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 12.
- Sunday A 50 percent chance of snow. Cloudy, with a high near 23.
- Sunday Night Snow likely. Cloudy, with a low around 15.
- Monday Partly sunny, with a high near 18.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around -2.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 19.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 3.
- Wednesday Partly sunny, with a high near 18.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Johnson County, IA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE