Last Update: 826 PM PST WED NOV 26 2014
Coastal Waters from Point Reyes to Pigeon Point out to 10 nm
Marine Zone Forecast
- SynopsisSOUTHERLY WINDS WILL PREVAIL NORTH OF PIGEON POINT AND NORTHERLY
WINDS WILL PREVAIL SOUTH OF PIGEON POINT THROUGH FRIDAY. SOUTHERLY
FLOW WILL DEVELOP OVER ALL OF THE COASTAL WATERS THIS WEEKEND AS A
STORM SYSTEM BEGINS TO IMPACT THE REGION. UNSETTLED WEATHER IS
EXPECTED FRIDAY INTO EARLY NEXT WEEK WITH PERIODS OF RAIN AND
GUSTY WINDS. THE SEA STATE WILL LIKELY DETERIORATE RAPIDLY EARLY
NEXT WEEK AS THE STRONGEST STORM MOVES THROUGH.
- Tonight NE winds 5 kt...becoming SW after midnight. Wind waves 2 ft or less. W swell 3 to 5 ft at 12 seconds.
- Thanksgiving Day SW winds 5 kt. Wind waves 2 ft or less. W swell 3 to 5 ft at 13 seconds.
- Thu Night S winds 5 kt. Wind waves 2 ft or less. W swell 6 to 8 ft at 14 seconds.
- Fri S winds 10 kt. Wind waves 2 ft or less. W swell 7 to 9 ft at 14 seconds. Slight chance of rain.
- Fri Night S winds 5 to 15 kt. Wind waves 1 to 3 ft. W swell 6 to 8 ft at 12 seconds. Chance of rain.
- Sat S winds 10 to 20 kt. Wind waves 2 to 4 ft. W swell 5 to 7 ft...decreasing to 4 to 6 ft. Rain likely.
- Sun SE winds 20 to 30 kt. Wind waves 3 to 6 ft. W swell 4 to 6 ft...shifting to the SW 6 to 8 ft. Rain likely.
- Mon S winds 15 to 25 kt. Wind waves 3 to 5 ft. W swell 7 to 9 ft...decreasing to 6 to 8 ft. Chance of rain.
.....san francisco bar/fourfathom bank forecast.....
in the deep water channel...combined seas 4 to 6 feet with a dominant swell period of 12 seconds.
across the bar...combined seas 5 to 7 feet with a dominant swell period of 12 seconds. Maximum ebb current of 1.2 knots at 07:20 am thursday and 2.3 knots at 06:23 pm thursday.
.....SAN FRANCISCO BAR/FOURFATHOM BANK FORECAST..... IN THE DEEP WATER CHANNEL...COMBINED SEAS 4 TO 6 FEET WITH A DOMINANT SWELL PERIOD OF 12 SECONDS. ACROSS THE BAR...COMBINED SEAS 5 TO 7 FEET WITH A DOMINANT SWELL PERIOD OF 12 SECONDS. MAXIMUM EBB CURRENT OF 1.2 KNOTS AT 07:20 AM THURSDAY AND 2.3 KNOTS AT 06:23 PM THURSDAY.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Coastal Waters from Point Reyes to Pigeon Point out to 10 nm
ABOUT THIS FORECAST
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE