Hazardous Weather Conditions
Last Update: 211 PM PST SAT DEC 20 2014
Coastal Waters from Point Reyes to Pigeon Point California out to 10 nm
Marine Zone Forecast
...SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY FOR ROUGH BAR IN EFFECT THROUGH SUNDAY
EVENING......SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY FOR HAZARDOUS SEAS IN EFFECT UNTIL 3 PM
PST THIS AFTERNOON...
- SynopsisLARGE LONG PERIOD SWELLS WILL BEGIN TO DIMINISH THROUGH THE AFTERNOON
AND EVENING. LARGE BREAKING WAVES WILL REMAIN A POSSIBILITY
ACROSS THE SAN FRANCISCO BAR AND OFFSHORE REEFS AND ROCK
OUTCROPPINGS THROUGH THE REMAINDER OF THE DAY. HIGH PRESSURE WILL
BUILD OFF THE CALIFORNIA COAST TONIGHT INTO EARLY NEXT WEEK
RESULTING IN INCREASING NORTHWEST WINDS OVER THE SOUTHERN WATERS
BEGINNING SUNDAY. ADDITIONALLY... THE KING TIDES WILL IMPACT THE
COAST AND INLAND BAYS OVER THE NEXT THREE DAYS. KING TIDE IMPACTS
FOR SEAFARING VESSELS WILL OCCUR PRIMARILY DURING LOW TIDES...
WITH THE POSSIBILITIES OF BOAT KEELS TOUCHING HARBOR BOTTOM...
STRONG CURRENTS IN HARBOR ENTRANCES... AND ADDITIONAL BREAKING
WAVES OVER OFFSHORE REEFS.
- Tonight SW winds 5 to 15 kt. Wind waves 1 to 3 ft. W swell 9 to 12 ft at 16 seconds. Chance of showers.
- Sun NW winds 10 kt. Wind waves 2 ft or less. W swell 8 to 10 ft at 14 seconds.
- Sun Night NW winds 5 to 15 kt. Wind waves 1 to 3 ft. W swell 8 to 10 ft at 14 seconds.
- Mon NW winds 5 to 15 kt. Wind waves 1 to 3 ft. W swell 8 to 10 ft at 13 seconds.
- Mon Night NW winds 5 to 15 kt. Wind waves 1 to 3 ft. W swell 9 to 11 ft at 13 seconds.
- Tue N winds 10 kt. Wind waves 2 ft or less. W swell 9 to 11 ft.
- Wed NW winds 15 to 25 kt. Wind waves 3 to 5 ft. W swell 7 to 9 ft. Slight chance of rain.
- Christmas Day N winds 15 to 25 kt. Wind waves 3 to 5 ft. W swell 9 to 12 ft...decreasing to 7 to 9 ft.
.....san francisco bar/fourfathom bank forecast.....
in the deep water channel...combined seas 12 to 14 feet with a dominant swell period of 17 seconds...becoming 11 to 13 feet with a period of 16 seconds tonight.
across the bar...combined seas 14 to 17 feet with a dominant period of 17 seconds...becoming 12 to 15 feet with a period of 16 seconds tonight. Occasional breakers 18 to 24 feet through daylight hours. Maximum ebb current of 1.1 knots at 02:42 am sunday and 2.8 knots at 02:15 pm sunday.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Coastal Waters from Point Reyes to Pigeon Point California out to 10 nm
ABOUT THIS FORECAST
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE