Last Update: 844 AM PDT FRI OCT 31 2014
Coastal Waters from Point Reyes to Pigeon Point out to 10 nm
Marine Zone Forecast
- SynopsisA COLD FRONT WILL GO ACROSS OUR WATERS TODAY LEADING TO SHOWERS
AND POSSIBLE THUNDERSTORMS. WIND WILL BRIEFLY INCREASE WITH THE
PASSAGE OF THE FRONT AS IT MOVES NORTHWEST TO SOUTHEAST. BEHIND
THE FRONT LIGHTER NW WINDS ARE FORECAST BY THE EVENING. ON SATURDAY
STRONGER NW WINDS AND BUILDING SEAS TO AROUND 10 FEET WILL DEVELOP
CREATING SOME HAZARDOUS SEAS FOR THE START OF CRAB SEASON.
- Today NW winds 5 to 15 kt. Wind waves 1 to 3 ft. W swell 4 to 6 ft at 12 seconds. Rain in the morning...then showers and slight chance of thunderstorms in the afternoon.
- Tonight NW winds 5 to 15 kt. Wind waves 1 to 3 ft. W swell 5 to 7 ft at 14 seconds. Slight chance of thunderstorms in the evening. Showers likely through the night.
- Sat NW winds 5 to 15 kt. Wind waves 1 to 3 ft. W swell 6 to 8 ft at 13 seconds. Chance of showers.
- Sat Night NW winds 10 to 20 kt. Wind waves 2 to 4 ft. W swell 7 to 9 ft at 12 seconds.
- Sun NW winds 5 to 15 kt. Wind waves 1 to 3 ft. NW swell 6 to 8 ft at 11 seconds.
- Mon NW winds 5 to 15 kt. Wind waves 1 to 3 ft. NW swell 4 to 6 ft.
- Tue NW winds 5 to 15 kt. Wind waves 1 to 3 ft. W swell 5 to 7 ft. SW swell 3 ft.
.....san francisco bar/fourfathom bank forecast.....
in the deep water channel...combined seas 2 to 4 feet with a dominant swell period of 12 seconds.
across the bar...combined seas 3 to 5 feet with a dominant swell period of 10 seconds. Maximum ebb current of 1.3 knots at 10:58 am friday and 1.6 knots at 10:08 pm friday.
.....SAN FRANCISCO BAR/FOURFATHOM BANK FORECAST..... IN THE DEEP WATER CHANNEL...COMBINED SEAS 2 TO 4 FEET WITH A DOMINANT SWELL PERIOD OF 12 SECONDS. ACROSS THE BAR...COMBINED SEAS 3 TO 5 FEET WITH A DOMINANT SWELL PERIOD OF 10 SECONDS. MAXIMUM EBB CURRENT OF 1.3 KNOTS AT 10:58 AM FRIDAY AND 1.6 KNOTS AT 10:08 PM FRIDAY.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Coastal Waters from Point Reyes to Pigeon Point out to 10 nm
ABOUT THIS FORECAST
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE