Hazardous Weather Conditions
Last Update: 857 PM PDT FRI OCT 24 2014
Coastal Waters from Point Reyes to Pigeon Point out to 10 nm
Marine Zone Forecast
...SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY IN EFFECT THROUGH SATURDAY AFTERNOON...
...SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY FOR ROUGH BAR IN EFFECT FROM 5 AM PDT
SATURDAY THROUGH SATURDAY EVENING...
- SynopsisLOW PRESSURE SITUATED WEST OF CAPE MENDOCINO WILL CONTINUE TO
DEEPEN TONIGHT RESULTING IN STRONG SOUTHERLY WINDS ACROSS THE
COASTAL WATERS. GALE FORCE WINDS WILL DEVELOP OVERNIGHT ACROSS THE
NORTHERN WATERS WITH STRONG SMALL CRAFT WINDS DEVELOPING
ELSEWHERE. A LINE OF RAIN AND SHOWERS WILL MOVE THROUGH THE WATERS
EARLY SATURDAY MORNING WITH THUNDERSTORMS POSSIBLE NORTH OF THE
GOLDEN GATE SATURDAY AFTERNOON. WINDS WILL EASE AND SHOWERS WILL
END BY SATURDAY NIGHT WITH LIGHTER WINDS AND MODERATE SEAS SUNDAY
- Tonight S winds 15 to 25 kt. A few gusts up to 40 kt after midnight. Wind waves 3 to 6 ft. NW swell 7 to 9 ft at 12 seconds. Chance of rain after midnight.
- Sat S winds 20 to 30 kt. Wind waves 3 to 6 ft. NW swell 8 to 10 ft at 12 seconds. Rain in the morning. Slight chance of thunderstorms through the day. Showers likely in the afternoon.
- Sat Night W winds 5 to 15 kt. Wind waves 1 to 3 ft. NW swell 8 to 10 ft at 12 seconds. Chance of showers in the evening...then chance of rain after midnight.
- Sun NW winds 5 to 15 kt. Wind waves 1 to 3 ft. NW swell 6 to 8 ft at 13 seconds.
- Sun Night NW winds 15 to 25 kt. Wind waves 3 to 5 ft. NW swell 7 to 9 ft at 12 seconds.
- Mon NW winds 15 to 25 kt. Wind waves 3 to 5 ft. NW swell 5 to 7 ft.
- Tue NW winds 5 to 15 kt. Wind waves 1 to 3 ft...becoming 2 ft or less. NW swell 5 to 7 ft. S swell 3 ft.
- Wed SW winds 10 kt. Wind waves 2 ft or less. NW swell 5 to 7 ft...decreasing to 4 to 6 ft. S swell 3 ft.
.....san francisco bar/fourfathom bank forecast.....
in the deep water channel...combined seas 6 to 9 feet with a dominant swell period of 12 seconds.
across the bar...combined seas 6 to 9 feet with a dominant swell period of 12 seconds. Seas building 10 to 13 feet by saturday. Maximum ebb current of 1.2 knots at 05:25 am saturday and 2.8 knots at 04:45 pm saturday.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Coastal Waters from Point Reyes to Pigeon Point out to 10 nm
ABOUT THIS FORECAST
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE