Hazardous Weather Conditions
Last Update: 851 AM PDT SAT OCT 25 2014
Coastal Waters from Point Reyes to Pigeon Point out to 10 nm
Marine Zone Forecast
...SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY FOR ROUGH BAR IN EFFECT THROUGH THIS
EVENING......SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY IN EFFECT UNTIL 3 PM PDT THIS AFTERNOON...
- SynopsisA STRONG SURFACE LOW PRESSURE CENTERED OFF THE OREGON COAST WILL
CONTINUE TO LIFT NORTHEASTWARD TODAY...RESULTING IN STRONG AND
GUSTY SOUTHERLY WINDS. WINDS WILL THEN DIMINISH AND SWITCH TO THE
NORTHWEST THROUGH THE AFTERNOON IN WAKE OF A FRONTAL PASSAGE. THIS
SYSTEM WILL BRING SHOWERS TO THE REGION TODAY WITH THE POSSIBILITY
OF THUNDERSTORMS OVER THE NORTHERN WATERS THIS AFTERNOON AND
EVENING. NORTHWEST FLOW WILL INCREASE EARLY NEXT WEEK AS HIGH
PRESSURE BUILDS OFF THE CALIFORNIA COAST.
- Today SW winds 15 to 25 kt. Wind waves 3 to 6 ft. NW swell 8 to 10 ft at 12 seconds. Chance of rain late in the morning... Then widespread showers and isolated thunderstorms in the afternoon.
- Tonight W winds 5 to 15 kt. Wind waves 3 to 4 ft in the evening...becoming 2 ft or less. NW swell 8 to 10 ft at 12 seconds. Isolated thunderstorms in the evening. Scattered showers through the night.
- Sun NW winds 5 to 15 kt...increasing to 15 to 25 kt in the afternoon. Wind waves 3 to 5 ft. NW swell 7 to 9 ft at 12 seconds.
- Sun Night NW winds 15 to 25 kt. Wind waves 3 to 6 ft. NW swell 5 to 7 ft at 12 seconds.
- Mon NW winds 10 to 20 kt. Wind waves 2 to 4 ft. NW swell 5 to 7 ft at 11 seconds.
- Tue NW winds 5 to 15 kt. Wind waves 1 to 3 ft. NW swell 4 to 6 ft...shifting to the W 6 to 8 ft.
- Wed NW winds 5 to 15 kt. Wind waves 1 to 3 ft. W swell 6 to 8 ft.
.....san francisco bar/fourfathom bank forecast.....
in the deep water channel...combined seas 6 to 9 feet with a dominant swell period of 12 seconds.
across the bar...combined seas 6 to 9 feet with a dominant swell period of 12 seconds. Seas building 11 to 13 feet this afternoon. Maximum ebb current of 2.8 knots at 04:45 pm saturday and 1.2 knots at 06:08 am sunday.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Coastal Waters from Point Reyes to Pigeon Point out to 10 nm
ABOUT THIS FORECAST
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE