Hazardous Weather Conditions
Last Update: 301 AM PST MON DEC 22 2014
Coastal Waters from Point Reyes to Pigeon Point California out to 10 nm
Marine Zone Forecast
...SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 2 PM PST THIS AFTERNOON
THROUGH LATE TONIGHT...
- SynopsisHIGH PRESSURE BUILDING OFF THE CALIFORNIA COAST WILL RESULT IN
INCREASING NORTHWEST WINDS OVER THE SOUTHERN AND OUTER WATERS THIS
AFTERNOON THROUGH MONDAY. WINDS WILL DECREASE BY TUESDAY NIGHT AS
THE HIGH MOVES INTO THE GREAT BASIN. WINDS WILL INCREASE AGAIN BY
THURSDAY AS ANOTHER HIGH STRENGTHENS OVER THE EASTERN PACIFIC.
- Today NW winds 10 to 20 kt. Wind waves 2 to 4 ft. W swell 8 to 10 ft at 13 seconds. Patchy fog in the morning. Patchy drizzle in the morning.
- Tonight NW winds 15 to 25 kt. Wind waves 3 to 5 ft. W swell 8 to 10 ft at 13 seconds.
- Tue NW winds 5 to 15 kt. Wind waves 1 to 3 ft. W swell 8 to 10 ft at 16 seconds.
- Tue Night NW winds 10 kt. Wind waves 2 ft or less. W swell 8 to 10 ft at 18 seconds.
- Wed NW winds 10 to 20 kt. Wind waves 2 to 4 ft. W swell 7 to 9 ft at 18 seconds. Slight chance of rain.
- Christmas Day N winds 15 to 25 kt. Wind waves 3 to 5 ft... Becoming 2 ft or less. NW swell 11 to 14 ft.
- Fri E winds 5 to 15 kt. Wind waves 1 to 3 ft. W swell 6 to 8 ft...shifting to the NW 4 to 6 ft.
.....san francisco bar/fourfathom bank forecast.....
in the deep water channel...combined seas 10 to 12 feet with a dominant swell period of 14 seconds.
across the bar...combined seas 11 to 13 feet with a dominant period of 14 seconds. Maximum ebb current of 1.2 knots at 03:33 am monday and 2.8 knots at 03:00 pm monday.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Coastal Waters from Point Reyes to Pigeon Point California out to 10 nm
ABOUT THIS FORECAST
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE