Winter Storm to Impact Parts of the Midwest, Northern Appalachians and New England
A storm system will take shape over the central U.S. on Friday, with heavy snow in portions of the Midwest and Ohio Valley. On Saturday, the snow will shift northeast and extend from the Ohio Valley into the New England states. Also, freezing rain will be possible from northwestern Arkansas into Indiana on Friday and along the Central Appalachians into the southern New England on Saturday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedS 10 mph
- Barometer30.28 in (1026.9 mb)
- Dewpoint14°F (-10°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill19°F (-7°C)
Current conditions at
Springfield-Branson National Airport (KSGF)
Lat: 37.23 Lon: -93.38 Elev: 1259ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight Mostly cloudy, with a low around 22. Wind chill values as low as 13. South wind 8 to 10 mph.
- Friday Freezing rain and sleet likely before 11am, then rain or freezing rain likely between 11am and noon, then rain after noon. High near 35. Wind chill values as low as 16. South wind 10 to 14 mph, with gusts as high as 21 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New ice accumulation of less than a 0.1 of an inch possible. New sleet accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Friday Night Rain before 1am, then snow and sleet likely between 1am and 4am, then drizzle and snow likely after 4am. Low around 31. South wind 6 to 11 mph becoming light and variable after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 80%. Little or no snow accumulation expected.
- Saturday A chance of drizzle and snow before 7am, then areas of snow, freezing drizzle, and sleet between 7am and 1pm. Cloudy, with a high near 33. Wind chill values as low as 21. Northwest wind 6 to 14 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50%.
- Saturday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 16. Northwest wind 8 to 13 mph.
- Sunday Sunny, with a high near 34.
- Sunday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 23.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 46.
- Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 27.
- Tuesday Sunny, with a high near 47.
- Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 27.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 45.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 31.
- Thursday Partly sunny, with a high near 48.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Greene County, MO
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE