Last Update: 845 AM PDT THU OCT 30 2014
Coastal Waters from Point Reyes to Pigeon Point out to 10 nm
Marine Zone Forecast
- SynopsisLIGHT WIND AND SEAS TODAY AHEAD OF AN APPROACHING COLD FRONT.
WINDS WILL TURN SOUTHERLY TONIGHT AS THE FRONT APPROACHES WITH
RAIN DEVELOPING OVER THE WATERS TONIGHT INTO FRIDAY. WINDS WILL
TURN NW BY FRIDAY AFTERNOON BUT IN GENERAL LIGHT WINDS ARE
FORECAST WITH THE FRONTAL PASSAGE. NW WINDS WILL INCREASE LATER
FRIDAY NIGHT INTO SATURDAY ALONG WITH A SLIGHT CHANCE OF
THUNDERSTORMS AND BUILDING NW SEAS.
- Today NW winds 10 kt...becoming SW in the afternoon. wind waves 2 ft or less. W swell 3 to 5 ft at 10 seconds.
- Tonight SW winds 5 kt...becoming S 5 to 15 kt after midnight. Wind waves 2 ft or less. W swell 3 to 5 ft at 9 seconds. Chance of rain after midnight.
- Fri S winds 5 to 15 kt...becoming W in the afternoon. Wind waves 1 to 3 ft. W swell 4 to 6 ft at 12 seconds. rain in the morning...then showers in the afternoon.
- Fri Night NW winds 10 kt. Wind waves 2 ft or less. W swell 7 to 9 ft at 14 seconds. Showers with a slight chance of thunderstorms through the night.
- Sat NW winds 5 to 15 kt...increasing to 15 to 25 kt. Wind waves 3 to 5 ft. W swell 8 to 10 ft at 13 seconds. Chance of showers.
- Sun NW winds 10 to 20 kt. Wind waves 2 to 4 ft. W swell 5 to 7 ft.
- Mon NW winds 10 kt. Wind waves 2 ft or less. NW swell 4 to 6 ft.
.....san francisco bar/fourfathom bank forecast.....
in the deep water channel...combined seas 4 to 6 feet with a dominant swell period of 10 seconds.
across the bar...combined seas 5 to 7 feet with a dominant swell period of 10 seconds. Maximum ebb current of 1.1 knots at 9:53 am thursday morning and 1.9 knots at 8:42 pm thursday night.
.....SAN FRANCISCO BAR/FOURFATHOM BANK FORECAST..... IN THE DEEP WATER CHANNEL...COMBINED SEAS 4 TO 6 FEET WITH A DOMINANT SWELL PERIOD OF 10 SECONDS. ACROSS THE BAR...COMBINED SEAS 5 TO 7 FEET WITH A DOMINANT SWELL PERIOD OF 10 SECONDS. MAXIMUM EBB CURRENT OF 1.1 KNOTS AT 9:53 AM THURSDAY MORNING AND 1.9 KNOTS AT 8:42 PM THURSDAY NIGHT.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Coastal Waters from Point Reyes to Pigeon Point out to 10 nm
ABOUT THIS FORECAST
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE