Complex Winter Storm Impacting Central and Eastern U.S.
Significant winter weather continues to plague several areas as a storm system tracks from the Gulf Coast to the Northeast on Sunday. Snow, sleet and freezing rain are forecast from the Lower Mississippi River Valley northeastward to New England, with extensive freezing rain possible across the southern and central Appalachians and foothills from North Carolina to central Pennsylvania.
- Wind SpeedCalm
- Barometer30.13 in (1020.4 mb)
- Dewpoint48°F (9°C)
- Visibility5.00 mi
Current conditions at
Birmingham International Airport (KBHM)
Lat: 33.56 Lon: -86.75 Elev: 630ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Rain and possibly a thunderstorm. Areas of fog. Low around 47. Calm wind becoming south around 5 mph after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 100%.
- Monday Rain, mainly before noon. High near 47. North wind around 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Monday Night Rain. Low around 40. North wind 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Tuesday A 20 percent chance of rain before noon. Cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly sunny, with a high near 43. North wind around 10 mph.
- Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 32. Northeast wind around 5 mph.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 55.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 31.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 52.
- Thursday Night Clear, with a low around 31.
- Friday Partly sunny, with a high near 51.
- Friday Night A 50 percent chance of rain. Cloudy, with a low around 41.
- Saturday Rain likely. Cloudy, with a high near 53. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
- Saturday Night A 50 percent chance of rain. Cloudy, with a low around 46.
- Sunday A 40 percent chance of rain. Cloudy, with a high near 57.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Jefferson County, AL
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE