Heavy Lake-Effect Snow Across the Great Lakes this Week
Cold winds over the relatively warm Great Lakes will promote heavy lake-effect snow downwind of the lakes through at least Thursday. The heaviest snow will occur in Upstate New York downwind of Lakes Erie and Ontario where up to two feet of snow could fall this week.
- Wind SpeedCalm
- Barometer30.44 in (1031.4 mb)
- Dewpoint27°F (-3°C)
- Visibility8.00 mi
Current conditions at
Birmingham International Airport (KBHM)
Lat: 33.56 Lon: -86.75 Elev: 630ft.
2 Miles SSE Docena AL
7 Day Forecast
- Today Sunny, with a high near 53. Calm wind becoming northwest around 5 mph.
- Tonight Mostly clear, with a low around 24. North wind around 5 mph.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 45. North wind 5 to 10 mph becoming light in the afternoon.
- Thursday Night Clear, with a low around 26. Calm wind.
- Friday Increasing clouds, with a high near 51. Calm wind becoming southeast around 5 mph in the morning.
- Friday Night Showers and possibly a thunderstorm. Low around 42. Chance of precipitation is 90%.
- Saturday Showers and possibly a thunderstorm. High near 58. Chance of precipitation is 100%.
- Saturday Night A 40 percent chance of rain. Cloudy, with a low around 37.
- Sunday Partly sunny, with a high near 48.
- Sunday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 28.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 49.
- Monday Night Clear, with a low around 31.
- Tuesday Sunny, with a high near 53.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Jefferson County, AL
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE