Proposed changes to icons on NWS Point Forecast Pages
The National Weather Service is collecting comments on proposed changes to the icons we use on our Point Forecast Pages. These changes are intended to enhance communication of rapidly changing weather conditions, while also highlighting current weather hazards
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedW 8 mph
- Barometer29.73 in (1006.7 mb)
- Dewpoint44°F (7°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
Current conditions at
Louisville, Standiford Field (KSDF)
Lat: 38.19°N Lon: 85.73°W Elev: 481ft.
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon Mostly sunny, with a high near 73. Southwest wind around 11 mph.
- Tonight Scattered showers and thunderstorms, then showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm after 2am. Increasing clouds, with a low around 51. South wind 7 to 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New rainfall amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
- Wednesday Periods of rain showers before 2pm, then scattered rain and snow showers. Some thunder is also possible. High near 52. Breezy, with a southwest wind 13 to 18 mph becoming northwest 20 to 25 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 37 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. Little or no snow accumulation expected.
- Wednesday Night Scattered rain and snow showers before 8pm, then a slight chance of snow showers between 8pm and 2am. Partly cloudy, with a low around 19. Wind chill values as low as 9. Northwest wind 14 to 20 mph, with gusts as high as 28 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 40. Northwest wind 6 to 8 mph.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 30.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 58.
- Friday Night A 20 percent chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 38.
- Saturday A 20 percent chance of rain. Partly sunny, with a high near 57.
- Saturday Night A 20 percent chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 36.
- Sunday A 30 percent chance of rain. Partly sunny, with a high near 54.
- Sunday Night A chance of rain and snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 31. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Monday A slight chance of rain. Partly sunny, with a high near 44. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Jefferson County, KY
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE