Winter Storm to Impact Parts of the Midwest, Northern Appalachians and New England
A storm system will take shape over the central U.S. on Friday, with heavy snow in portions of the Midwest and Ohio Valley. On Saturday, the snow will shift northeast and extend from the Ohio Valley into the New England states. Also, freezing rain will be possible from northwestern Arkansas into Indiana on Friday and along the Central Appalachians into the southern New England on Saturday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedSW 8 mph
- Barometer30.41 in (1030.4 mb)
- Dewpoint8°F (-13°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill13°F (-11°C)
Current conditions at
Carbondale/Murphysboro, Southern Illinois Airport (KMDH)
Lat: 37.79 Lon: -89.25 Elev: 420ft.
3 Miles SE Carbondale IL
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Mostly clear, with a steady temperature around 22. South wind around 8 mph.
- Friday Freezing rain and sleet likely, mainly after 3pm. Increasing clouds, with a high near 34. South southwest wind 8 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. Little or no ice accumulation expected. Little or no snow accumulation expected.
- Friday Night Snow and sleet likely before midnight, then snow. Low around 31. South southeast wind 5 to 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow and sleet accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.
- Saturday A chance of rain and snow before noon. Cloudy, with a high near 37. South southeast wind 5 to 10 mph becoming northwest in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Saturday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 23. Northwest wind 9 to 11 mph.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 30. Northwest wind 7 to 11 mph.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 20. South southwest wind 7 to 10 mph.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 39. South southwest wind 10 to 13 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 28. Southwest wind 9 to 13 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 43. West southwest wind around 9 mph.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 27. West wind 5 to 8 mph.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 41. West wind 5 to 8 mph.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 28. South southwest wind around 7 mph.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 43. South wind 7 to 16 mph, with gusts as high as 24 mph.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Jackson County, IL
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE