Proposed changes to icons on NWS Point Forecast Pages
The National Weather Service is collecting comments on proposed changes to the icons we use on our Point Forecast Pages. These changes are intended to enhance communication of rapidly changing weather conditions, while also highlighting current weather hazards
- Wind SpeedCalm
- Barometer30.07 in (1018.5 mb)
- Dewpoint29°F (-2°C)
- Visibility6.00 mi
Current conditions at
Carbondale/Murphysboro, Southern Illinois Airport (KMDH)
Lat: 37.79°N Lon: 89.25°W Elev: 420ft.
3 Miles SE Carbondale IL
7 Day Forecast
- Today Sunny, with a high near 52. South wind 5 to 8 mph.
- Tonight Increasing clouds, with a low around 34. South wind 5 to 7 mph becoming calm in the evening.
- Saturday A 40 percent chance of rain, mainly after 3pm. Cloudy, with a high near 52. West southwest wind 5 to 8 mph becoming north northwest in the afternoon.
- Saturday Night A 50 percent chance of rain before midnight. Cloudy, then gradually becoming partly cloudy, with a low around 30. North wind 6 to 9 mph.
- Sunday Sunny, with a high near 50. North wind 5 to 7 mph becoming west southwest in the afternoon.
- Sunday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 36. Southwest wind 5 to 8 mph.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 64. Southwest wind 8 to 14 mph.
- Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 43. Southwest wind 9 to 11 mph.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 65. South southwest wind 8 to 10 mph.
- Tuesday Night A chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 39. West wind 8 to 13 mph becoming north after midnight.
- Wednesday A chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 48. North wind 13 to 15 mph.
- Wednesday Night A slight chance of rain and snow. Partly cloudy, with a low around 28. North wind 8 to 13 mph.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 44. Northwest wind 7 to 9 mph.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Jackson County, IL
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE