Developing storm system in the Midwest moves east on Wednesday
A strengthening low pressure will move from the Midwest to the Northeast on Wednesday. As it does, it will bring several inches of snow from northern Illinois to Maine. The hardest hit areas are expected to be from western New York to Maine where 1 to 2 feet of snow is possible.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedW 13 mph
- Barometer29.68 in (1004.2 mb)
- Dewpoint59°F (15°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
Current conditions at
Birmingham International Airport (KBHM)
Lat: 33.56°N Lon: 86.75°W Elev: 630ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Today A 30 percent chance of showers before 1pm. Mostly cloudy, with a temperature rising to near 65 by 10am, then falling to around 49 during the remainder of the day. Breezy, with a southwest wind 10 to 15 mph becoming northwest 20 to 25 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 35 mph.
- Tonight Partly cloudy, with a low around 30. Blustery, with a northwest wind 10 to 20 mph.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 55. Northwest wind 5 to 10 mph.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 32. Calm wind.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 67. Light south wind increasing to 5 to 10 mph in the morning.
- Friday Night A 40 percent chance of showers. Cloudy, with a low around 47.
- Saturday A 50 percent chance of showers. Cloudy, with a high near 62.
- Saturday Night A 50 percent chance of showers. Cloudy, with a low around 51.
- Sunday A 40 percent chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 63.
- Sunday Night A 30 percent chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 40.
- Monday Partly sunny, with a high near 58.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 35.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 66.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Jefferson County, AL
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE