Strengthening winter storm impacting Northeast; severe weather possible in Mid-Atlantic
A developing storm system will move from the Ohio Valley into the Northeast on Wednesday, bringing accumulating snow from the Lower Great Lakes to northern New England. Some areas could see more than a foot of snow. Meanwhile, there is a Slight Risk of severe thunderstorms in the Mid-Atlantic, with damaging winds as the main threat.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedW 10 mph
- Barometer29.68 in (1004.4 mb)
- Dewpoint59°F (15°C)
- Visibility6.00 mi
Current conditions at
Birmingham International Airport (KBHM)
Lat: 33.56°N Lon: 86.75°W Elev: 630ft.
2 Miles SSW Tarrant AL
7 Day Forecast
- Today A 30 percent chance of showers before 1pm. Mostly cloudy, with a temperature falling to around 49 by 5pm. Breezy, with a southwest wind 10 to 15 mph becoming northwest 20 to 25 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 35 mph.
- Tonight Partly cloudy, with a low around 30. Blustery, with a northwest wind 10 to 20 mph.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 55. Northwest wind 5 to 10 mph.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 32. Calm wind.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 67. Light south wind increasing to 5 to 10 mph in the morning.
- Friday Night A 40 percent chance of showers. Cloudy, with a low around 46.
- Saturday A 50 percent chance of showers. Cloudy, with a high near 62.
- Saturday Night A 50 percent chance of showers. Cloudy, with a low around 51.
- Sunday A 40 percent chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 62.
- Sunday Night A 30 percent chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 40.
- Monday Partly sunny, with a high near 58.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 34.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 66.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Jefferson County, AL
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE