Complex Winter Storm Impacting Central and Eastern U.S.
Significant winter weather continues to plague several areas as a storm system tracks from the Gulf Coast to the Northeast on Sunday. Snow, sleet and freezing rain are forecast from the Lower Mississippi River Valley northeastward to New England, with extensive freezing rain possible across the southern and central Appalachians and foothills from North Carolina to central Pennsylvania.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedSE 3 mph
- Barometer30.19 in (1022.5 mb)
- Dewpoint42°F (6°C)
- Visibility1.75 mi
Current conditions at
Birmingham International Airport (KBHM)
Lat: 33.56 Lon: -86.75 Elev: 630ft.
Birmingham International Airport AL
7 Day Forecast
- Today Rain, mainly after 9am. Patchy fog before 9am. High near 52. Calm wind becoming southeast around 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%.
- Tonight Rain. Low around 48. Light and variable wind becoming west 5 to 10 mph in the evening. Chance of precipitation is 100%.
- Monday Rain. High near 52. North wind 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%.
- Monday Night Rain. Low around 41. North wind around 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Tuesday Rain likely. Cloudy, with a high near 47. North wind 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
- Tuesday Night Cloudy, with a low around 36.
- Wednesday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 53.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 32.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 50.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 31.
- Friday A 20 percent chance of rain. Mostly sunny, with a high near 53.
- Friday Night A 30 percent chance of rain. Cloudy, with a low around 42.
- Saturday A 40 percent chance of rain. Cloudy, with a high near 52.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Jefferson County, AL
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE