Proposed changes to icons on NWS Point Forecast Pages
The National Weather Service is collecting comments on proposed changes to the icons we use on our Point Forecast Pages. These changes are intended to enhance communication of rapidly changing weather conditions, while also highlighting current weather hazards
- Wind SpeedW 7 G 20 mph
- Barometer29.97 in (1014.6 mb)
- Dewpoint45°F (7°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
Current conditions at
Birmingham International Airport (KBHM)
Lat: 33.56°N Lon: 86.75°W Elev: 630ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Patchy fog after 4am. Otherwise, mostly clear, with a low around 52. West wind around 5 mph becoming calm after midnight.
- Tuesday A 20 percent chance of showers after 4pm. Patchy fog before 9am. Otherwise, increasing clouds, with a high near 75. Light southwest wind increasing to 5 to 10 mph in the morning.
- Tuesday Night Showers likely, mainly after 7pm. Cloudy, with a low around 58. South wind around 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
- Wednesday A 50 percent chance of showers, mainly before 1pm. Cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly sunny, with a high near 62. Breezy, with a southwest wind 10 to 15 mph becoming northwest 15 to 20 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 30 mph.
- Wednesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 29. Blustery, with a northwest wind 15 to 20 mph decreasing to 10 to 15 mph after midnight.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 52.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 33.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 63.
- Friday Night A 20 percent chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 45.
- Saturday A 30 percent chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 64.
- Saturday Night A 20 percent chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 44.
- Sunday A 40 percent chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 66.
- Sunday Night A 40 percent chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 44.
- Monday A 30 percent chance of showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 62.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Jefferson County, AL
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE