Major Winter Storm Continues Moving into the Eastern Third of the U.S. While Another System Begins Impacting the West Coast
Snow, sleet, freezing rain and heavy rainfall will continue to impact the eastern third of the U.S. through the weekend. Extremely cold temperatures will continue to settle into the western two-thirds of the country behind this storm system. In the meantime, a reinforcing shot of cold air is beginning to impact the West Coast as the next system approaches.
- Wind SpeedN 9 mph
- Barometer30.14 in (1020.7 mb)
- Dewpoint39°F (4°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill35°F (2°C)
Current conditions at
Birmingham International Airport (KBHM)
Lat: 33.56 Lon: -86.75 Elev: 630ft.
Cahaba Heights AL
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Showers, mainly before 11pm. Low around 35. North wind 10 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%.
- Saturday A 30 percent chance of showers, mainly after noon. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 47. North wind 10 to 15 mph.
- Saturday Night Showers likely, mainly after midnight. Cloudy, with a low around 43. North wind 5 to 10 mph becoming southeast after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
- Sunday Showers. High near 60. Southeast wind 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%.
- Sunday Night Rain. Low around 54. South wind 5 to 10 mph becoming west after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 100%.
- Monday Rain. High near 50. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Monday Night Rain likely. Cloudy, with a low around 38. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
- Tuesday A 20 percent chance of rain. Partly sunny, with a high near 45.
- Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 30.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 48.
- Wednesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 31.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 52.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 35.
- Friday A 20 percent chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 51.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Jefferson County, AL
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE