Developing storm system in the Midwest moves east on Wednesday
A strengthening low pressure will move from the Midwest to the Northeast on Wednesday. As it does, it will bring several inches of snow from northern Illinois to Maine. The hardest hit areas are expected to be from western New York to Maine where 1 to 2 feet of snow is possible.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
Light Rain Fog/Mist
- Wind SpeedS 7 mph
- Barometer29.78 in (1008.0 mb)
- Dewpoint60°F (16°C)
- Visibility4.00 mi
Current conditions at
Birmingham International Airport (KBHM)
Lat: 33.56°N Lon: 86.75°W Elev: 630ft.
2 Miles SSE Birmingham International Airport AL
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Showers, mainly before 1am. Patchy fog after 4am. Low around 60. Southwest wind around 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%.
- Wednesday A 40 percent chance of showers, mainly between 7am and 1pm. Patchy fog before 7am. Otherwise, mostly cloudy, with a temperature falling to around 50 by 5pm. Breezy, with a southwest wind 10 to 15 mph becoming northwest 20 to 25 mph in the afternoon.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 29. Blustery, with a northwest wind 10 to 20 mph.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 51. Northwest wind 5 to 10 mph.
- Thursday Night Clear, with a low around 33. Calm wind.
- Friday Increasing clouds, with a high near 64.
- Friday Night A 30 percent chance of showers. Cloudy, with a low around 46.
- Saturday A 40 percent chance of showers. Cloudy, with a high near 65.
- Saturday Night A 30 percent chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 47.
- Sunday A 30 percent chance of showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 61.
- Sunday Night A 30 percent chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 41.
- Monday A 20 percent chance of showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 59.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 39.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 61.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Jefferson County, AL
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE