Severe Weather, Wintry Weather and Flash Flooding all possible on Saturday
A complex and large storm system brings a variety of weather concerns to much of the country today. For parts of the Ohio, Tennessee and Mississippi River Valleys severe weather is possible. In these areas, the main threat is expected to be damaging winds with a few tornadoes possible. In parts of the Southern Plains, Midwest and New England wintry weather is expected.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
Light Rain and Breezy
- Wind SpeedS 23 G 31 mph
- Barometer29.83 in (1009.5 mb)
- Dewpoint66°F (19°C)
- Visibility8.00 mi
Current conditions at
Birmingham International Airport (KBHM)
Lat: 33.56 Lon: -86.75 Elev: 630ft.
Mountain Brook AL
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight Showers and thunderstorms. Some storms could be severe, with damaging winds. Low around 66. South wind 10 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%.
- Sunday Showers and possibly a thunderstorm before 9am, then a chance of showers. High near 68. Southwest wind 10 to 15 mph becoming northwest 5 to 10 mph in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 100%.
- Sunday Night A 20 percent chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 47. Light northwest wind increasing to 10 to 15 mph after midnight.
- Monday Partly sunny, with a high near 49. Northwest wind 10 to 15 mph.
- Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 28. Northwest wind around 10 mph.
- Tuesday Sunny, with a high near 41.
- Tuesday Night Clear, with a low around 23.
- Christmas Day Sunny, with a high near 47.
- Wednesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 30.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 51.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 33.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 50.
- Friday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 31.
- Saturday Sunny, with a high near 52.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Jefferson County, AL
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE