Heavy Lake-Effect Snow Across the Great Lakes this Week
Cold winds over the relatively warm Great Lakes will promote heavy lake-effect snow downwind of the lakes through at least Thursday. The heaviest snow will occur in Upstate New York downwind of Lakes Erie and Ontario where up to two feet of snow could fall this week.
- Wind SpeedCalm
- Barometer30.40 in (1029.8 mb)
- Dewpoint26°F (-3°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
Current conditions at
Birmingham International Airport (KBHM)
Lat: 33.56 Lon: -86.75 Elev: 630ft.
Mountain Brook AL
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight Clear, with a low around 27. Calm wind.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 53. Calm wind becoming northwest around 5 mph in the afternoon.
- Wednesday Night Mostly cloudy, then gradually becoming clear, with a low around 25. North wind around 5 mph.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 46. North wind 5 to 10 mph becoming light in the afternoon.
- Thursday Night Clear, with a low around 30. Calm wind.
- Friday Increasing clouds, with a high near 50.
- Friday Night Showers and possibly a thunderstorm. Low around 45. Chance of precipitation is 90%.
- Saturday Rain and possibly a thunderstorm. High near 58. Chance of precipitation is 90%.
- Saturday Night A 30 percent chance of rain. Cloudy, with a low around 37.
- Sunday Partly sunny, with a high near 47.
- Sunday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 26.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 49.
- Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 30.
- Tuesday Sunny, with a high near 52.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Jefferson County, AL
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE