Strengthening winter storm impacting Northeast; severe weather possible in Mid-Atlantic
A developing storm system will move from the Ohio Valley into the Northeast on Wednesday, bringing accumulating snow from the Lower Great Lakes to northern New England. Some areas could see more than a foot of snow. Meanwhile, there is a Slight Risk of severe thunderstorms in the Mid-Atlantic, with damaging winds as the main threat.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedW 15 G 21 mph
- Barometer29.70 in (1005.2 mb)
- Dewpoint59°F (15°C)
- Visibility7.00 mi
Current conditions at
Birmingham International Airport (KBHM)
Lat: 33.56°N Lon: 86.75°W Elev: 630ft.
Cahaba Heights AL
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon A 30 percent chance of showers before 1pm. Mostly cloudy, with a temperature falling to around 50 by 5pm. Breezy, with a northwest wind 20 to 25 mph, with gusts as high as 35 mph.
- Tonight Partly cloudy, with a low around 31. Blustery, with a northwest wind 15 to 20 mph decreasing to 10 to 15 mph after midnight.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 55. Northwest wind 5 to 10 mph.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 33. Calm wind.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 68. Light south wind increasing to 5 to 10 mph in the morning.
- Friday Night A 30 percent chance of showers. Cloudy, with a low around 47.
- Saturday A 50 percent chance of showers. Cloudy, with a high near 63.
- Saturday Night A 50 percent chance of showers. Cloudy, with a low around 51.
- Sunday A 40 percent chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 63.
- Sunday Night A 30 percent chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 40.
- Monday Partly sunny, with a high near 58.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 35.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 66.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Jefferson County, AL
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE