Developing storm system in the Midwest moves east on Wednesday
A strengthening low pressure system will move from the Midwest to the Northeast on Wednesday. As it does, it will bring a variety of wintry weather to a large portion of the country. Hardest hit areas are expected to be in the Northeast and New England where 1 to 2 feet of snow is possible.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedS 9 mph
- Barometer29.74 in (1006.6 mb)
- Dewpoint52°F (11°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
Current conditions at
Birmingham International Airport (KBHM)
Lat: 33.56°N Lon: 86.75°W Elev: 630ft.
2 Miles NE Mountain Brook AL
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Showers and possibly a thunderstorm before 1am, then a chance of showers. Patchy fog after 4am. Low around 61. South wind 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Wednesday A 40 percent chance of showers, mainly between 7am and 1pm. Patchy fog before 7am. Otherwise, mostly cloudy, with a temperature rising to near 62 by 9am, then falling to around 51 during the remainder of the day. Breezy, with a southwest wind 10 to 15 mph becoming northwest 20 to 25 mph in the afternoon.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 30. Blustery, with a northwest wind 10 to 20 mph.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 51. Northwest wind 5 to 10 mph.
- Thursday Night Clear, with a low around 32. Calm wind.
- Friday Increasing clouds, with a high near 65.
- Friday Night A 30 percent chance of showers. Cloudy, with a low around 47.
- Saturday A 40 percent chance of showers. Cloudy, with a high near 64.
- Saturday Night A 30 percent chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 48.
- Sunday A 30 percent chance of showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 62.
- Sunday Night A 30 percent chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 42.
- Monday A 20 percent chance of showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 60.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 39.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 62.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Jefferson County, AL
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE