Proposed changes to icons on NWS Point Forecast Pages
The National Weather Service is collecting comments on proposed changes to the icons we use on our Point Forecast Pages. These changes are intended to enhance communication of rapidly changing weather conditions, while also highlighting current weather hazards
- Wind SpeedSW 6 mph
- Barometer29.88 in (1011.4 mb)
- Dewpoint52°F (11°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
Current conditions at
Birmingham International Airport (KBHM)
Lat: 33.56°N Lon: 86.75°W Elev: 630ft.
3 Miles N Lake Purdy AL
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon A 30 percent chance of showers after 4pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 76. South wind 10 to 15 mph.
- Tonight A chance of showers and thunderstorms before 7pm, then showers and possibly a thunderstorm between 7pm and 1am, then a chance of showers after 1am. Patchy fog after 4am. Low around 61. South wind 10 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Wednesday A 40 percent chance of showers before 1pm. Patchy fog before 7am. Otherwise, cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly sunny, with a temperature rising to near 63 by 10am, then falling to around 52 during the remainder of the day. Breezy, with a southwest wind 10 to 15 mph becoming northwest 15 to 20 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 30 mph.
- Wednesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 30. Blustery, with a northwest wind 10 to 20 mph.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 54. Northwest wind 5 to 10 mph.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 32.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 66.
- Friday Night A 30 percent chance of showers. Cloudy, with a low around 46.
- Saturday A 40 percent chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 64.
- Saturday Night A 30 percent chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 45.
- Sunday A 30 percent chance of showers. Mostly sunny, with a high near 62.
- Sunday Night A 30 percent chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 41.
- Monday A 30 percent chance of showers. Mostly sunny, with a high near 61.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Jefferson County, AL
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE