Winter Weather Affecting Much of the Country
Winter weather conditions are affecting much of the country this week. Cold air is plunging into the Western and Central U.S., as heavy snow continues across the Northern Plains and Great Lakes. As the system moves east and south, a major icing event is forecast for portions of the Southern Plains to the Ozarks and into the Ohio Valley beginning Thursday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedSE 7 mph
- Barometer29.65 in (1004.1 mb)
- Dewpoint55°F (13°C)
- Visibility5.00 mi
- Wind Chill53°F (12°C)
Current conditions at
Indianapolis International Airport (KIND)
Lat: 39.73 Lon: -86.27 Elev: 810ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight A 30 percent chance of showers, mainly after 10pm. Areas of fog. Otherwise, cloudy, with a low around 44. South wind 10 to 14 mph becoming west after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 20 mph.
- Thursday A slight chance of rain showers before 4pm, then a chance of rain showers and sleet. Cloudy, with a temperature falling to around 39 by 5pm. West wind 11 to 13 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Thursday Night Snow, possibly mixed with rain and sleet before 7pm, then snow and sleet between 7pm and 10pm, then snow after 10pm. Low around 26. Northwest wind 8 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow and sleet accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.
- Friday Snow. High near 27. North wind 9 to 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Friday Night A 30 percent chance of snow before 1am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 13. North northwest wind 8 to 11 mph.
- Saturday Mostly sunny, with a high near 23.
- Saturday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 15.
- Sunday A 30 percent chance of snow. Cloudy, with a high near 29.
- Sunday Night Snow likely. Cloudy, with a low around 24. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
- Monday A 30 percent chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 33.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 10.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 16.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 5.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 18.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Marion County, IN
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE