Proposed changes to icons on NWS Point Forecast Pages
The National Weather Service is collecting comments on proposed changes to the icons we use on our Point Forecast Pages. These changes are intended to enhance communication of rapidly changing weather conditions, while also highlighting current weather hazards
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedE 6 mph
- Barometer29.87 in (1011.3 mb)
- Dewpoint43°F (6°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill43°F (6°C)
Current conditions at
Huntsville International / Jones Field (KHSV)
Lat: 34.66°N Lon: 86.77°W Elev: 624ft.
2 Miles NNW Redstone Army Airfield AL
7 Day Forecast
- Today A 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms after 1pm. Increasing clouds, with a high near 75. South wind 5 to 15 mph.
- Tonight Showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm. Cloudy, with a low around 55. South wind around 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
- Wednesday A chance of showers, mainly before 1pm. Cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly sunny, with a temperature falling to around 47 by 5pm. Windy, with a southwest wind 15 to 25 mph becoming northwest in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 35 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50%.
- Wednesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 28. Northwest wind 15 to 20 mph decreasing to 10 to 15 mph after midnight.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 49. Northwest wind 5 to 10 mph.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 31.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 63.
- Friday Night A 20 percent chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 44.
- Saturday A 20 percent chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 65.
- Saturday Night A 20 percent chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 41.
- Sunday A 30 percent chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 62.
- Sunday Night A 30 percent chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 37.
- Monday A 30 percent chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 60.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Madison County, AL
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE