Winter Weather Affecting Much of the Country
Winter weather conditions are affecting much of the country this week. Cold air is plunging into the Western and Central U.S., as heavy snow continues across the Northern Plains and Great Lakes. As the system moves east and south, a major icing event is forecast for portions of the Southern Plains to the Ozarks and into the Ohio Valley beginning Thursday.
- Wind SpeedS 7 mph
- Barometer29.95 in (1013.6 mb)
- Dewpoint62°F (17°C)
- Visibility5.00 mi
Current conditions at
Huntsville International / Jones Field (KHSV)
Lat: 34.66 Lon: -86.77 Elev: 624ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight A 20 percent chance of showers. Patchy fog. Otherwise, mostly cloudy, with a low around 62. South wind around 10 mph.
- Thursday Showers and possibly a thunderstorm. High near 72. South wind 10 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Thursday Night Showers. The rain could be heavy at times. Low around 51. South wind 5 to 10 mph becoming north after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 100%.
- Friday Rain. High near 53. Northwest wind 5 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%.
- Friday Night Rain likely, mainly before midnight. Cloudy, with a low around 35. North wind around 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
- Saturday A 20 percent chance of rain before 9am. Cloudy, with a high near 43.
- Saturday Night Rain. Low around 37. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Sunday Rain. High near 59. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Sunday Night Rain. Low around 44. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Monday A 50 percent chance of rain. Cloudy, with a high near 47.
- Monday Night A slight chance of rain and snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 27. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Tuesday Scattered flurries. Mostly sunny, with a high near 40.
- Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 23.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 43.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Madison County, AL
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE