Last Update: 852 AM PST SAT DEC 20 2014
Marine Zone Forecast
- SynopsisLARGE LONG PERIOD SWELLS FROM A POTENT GULF OF ALASKA STORM WILL
CONTINUE TO IMPACT THE COASTAL WATERS THROUGH THE DAY. THIS SWELL
WILL RESULT IN LARGE BREAKING WAVES ACROSS THE SAN FRANCISCO BAR
AND OFFSHORE REEFS AND ROCK OUTCROPPINGS AS WELL AS HAZARDOUS SEAS
OFFSHORE. MARINERS ARE URGED TO USE CAUTION WHILE NAVIGATING THE
COASTAL WATERS THROUGH TODAY. SURFACE HIGH PRESSURE WILL BUILD
OFF THE CALIFORNIA COAST TONIGHT INTO EARLY NEXT WEEK RESULTING IN
INCREASING NORTHWEST WINDS OVER THE SOUTHERN WATERS BEGINNING
- Today E winds 10 kt...becoming W in the afternoon. Wind waves less than 2 ft. NW swell 13 to 16 ft at 17 seconds. Slight chance of showers.
- Tonight W winds 5 to 15 kt...becoming SE 5 kt after midnight. Wind waves less than 2 ft. NW swell 12 to 13 ft at 16 seconds. Slight chance of showers.
- Sun E winds 5 kt...becoming NW 5 to 15 kt in the afternoon. Wind waves less than 2 ft...becoming 3 ft in the afternoon. NW swell 9 to 12 ft at 14 seconds.
- Sun Night NW winds 5 to 15 kt. Wind waves 1 to 3 ft. NW swell 10 to 11 ft at 14 seconds.
- Mon N winds 5 kt. Wind waves less than 2 ft. W swell 7 to 9 ft at 14 seconds.
- Tue NE winds 5 kt. Wind waves less than 2 ft. W swell 7 to 9 ft.
- Wed E winds 5 kt...becoming NW 5 to 15 kt. Wind waves less than 2 ft. W swell 8 to 10 ft. Slight chance of rain.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Monterey Bay
ABOUT THIS FORECAST
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE