Winter Weather Impacting the Eastern U.S. Tuesday
Snow is falling from Tennessee Valley into the Mid-Atlantic and New England Tuesday . The fast moving system is creating swath of 2 to 7 inches of snow from southwest Virginia to the New England coast. Heavy Lake Effect snows will also impact the Lower Great Lakes into later this week, with up to two feet of accumulation.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedSW 13 G 24 mph
- Barometer29.97 in (1017.4 mb)
- Dewpoint8°F (-13°C)
- Visibility9.00 mi
- Wind Chill7°F (-14°C)
Current conditions at
Chicago / Waukegan, Waukegan Regional Airport (KUGN)
Lat: 42.42 Lon: -87.87 Elev: 728ft.
3 Miles N Mundelein IL
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon Mostly sunny, with a high near 18. Wind chill values as low as -5. Breezy, with a west wind 15 to 25 mph, with gusts as high as 35 mph.
- Tonight Snow after midnight. Temperature rising to around 16 by 3am. Wind chill values as low as -6. West wind 5 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of around an inch possible.
- Wednesday Snow likely before noon. Cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly sunny, with a temperature rising to near 16 by 8am, then falling to around 3 during the remainder of the day. Wind chill values as low as -16. Blustery, with a northwest wind 5 to 10 mph increasing to 15 to 20 mph in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around -6. Wind chill values as low as -21. West wind 10 to 15 mph.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 15. West southwest wind 10 to 15 mph.
- Thursday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 13.
- Friday A 20 percent chance of snow after noon. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 29.
- Friday Night A chance of snow. Cloudy, with a low around 22.
- Saturday A chance of snow. Cloudy, with a high near 30.
- Saturday Night A chance of snow. Cloudy, with a low around 14.
- Sunday A chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 20.
- Sunday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 6.
- Monday Partly sunny, with a high near 20.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Lake County, IL
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE