Complex Winter Storm Taking Shape Across Parts of Central, Eastern U.S.
A complex storm system will begin impacting parts of the central and eastern U.S. on Friday and into the weekend. Heavy snowfall is expected across parts of the Midwest into the Ohio Valley on Friday, with chances for heavy snow moving into the Northeast on Saturday. Freezing rain is also possible on Saturday in from northern New Jersey into the central Appalachians.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedNE 14 G 23 mph
- Barometer30.03 in (1020.0 mb)
- Dewpoint10°F (-12°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill2°F (-17°C)
Current conditions at
Sioux Falls, Foss Field (KFSD)
Lat: 43.59 Lon: -96.74 Elev: 1434ft.
3 Miles W Sioux Falls SD
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon Mostly cloudy, with a high near 19. East northeast wind around 15 mph.
- Tonight A slight chance of light snow between 10pm and 4am. Cloudy, with a low around 4. North northeast wind 5 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Saturday Scattered flurries before 9am. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 13. West northwest wind 5 to 10 mph.
- Saturday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 1. West wind 5 to 10 mph becoming southeast after midnight.
- Sunday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 17. Southeast wind around 5 mph.
- Sunday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 10.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 34.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 20.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 31.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 13.
- Wednesday Partly sunny, with a high near 29.
- Wednesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 14.
- Thursday A slight chance of light snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 25. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Minnehaha County, SD
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE