Winter Storm Continues Across Central U.S.
The powerful winter storm that has been affecting much of the central and western U.S. continues to intensify as it moves into Canada. Snow is tapering off across the Upper Midwest, but heavy snow is possible on Thur. from the Ohio Valley to the mid-Miss. Valley, with heavy rain possible from the central Appalachians to the lower Miss. Valley. Freezing rain is possible from TX to the Ohio Valley.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
A Few Clouds and Breezy
- Wind SpeedNW 21 G 30 mph
- Barometer30.22 in (1026.9 mb)
- Dewpoint-7°F (-22°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill-20°F (-29°C)
Current conditions at
Sioux Falls, Foss Field (KFSD)
Lat: 43.59 Lon: -96.74 Elev: 1434ft.
Sioux Falls SD
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon Sunny, with a high near 6. West northwest wind 10 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph.
- Tonight Mostly clear, with a low around -12. Wind chill values as low as -26. West northwest wind around 10 mph.
- Friday Sunny and cold, with a high near -1. Wind chill values as low as -29. Northwest wind 5 to 10 mph.
- Friday Night Mostly clear, with a low around -17. Wind chill values as low as -27. Northwest wind around 5 mph.
- Saturday Partly sunny, with a high near 4. Calm wind becoming east southeast around 5 mph in the afternoon.
- Saturday Night A chance of snow. Cloudy, with a low around 0. Chance of precipitation is 50%.
- Sunday Snow likely. Cloudy, with a high near 12. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of around an inch possible.
- Sunday Night A chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around -6. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Monday Mostly sunny and cold, with a high near 0. Blustery.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around -8.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 14.
- Tuesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around -4.
- Wednesday Partly sunny, with a high near 15.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Minnehaha County, SD
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE