Major Winter Storm Continues Across Central, Eastern U.S.
The major winter storm that has been affecting much of the central U.S. continues to move eastward on Friday, bringing a variety of hazards from the southern Plains to New England, including a significant ice storm. Heavy snow and freezing rain are expected from the Ohio Valley into central Texas. Icy conditions will cause dangerous driving conditions and extended power outages are possible.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedSE 7 MPH
- Barometer30.08 in (1022.6 mb)
- Dewpoint5°F (-15°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill6°F (-14°C)
Current conditions at
Boise Air Terminal (KBOI)
Lat: 43.56704 Lon: -116.24053 Elev: 2822ft.
5 Miles ESE Boise Municipal ID
7 Day Forecast
- Today A 20 percent chance of snow before 11am. Cloudy, with a high near 26. Southeast wind 8 to 10 mph.
- Tonight Snow likely, mainly after 11pm. Cloudy, with a low around 20. East wind 7 to 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.
- Saturday Snow showers likely, mainly before 11am. Cloudy, with a high near 25. East wind 7 to 9 mph becoming west northwest in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.
- Saturday Night A 20 percent chance of snow showers before 11pm. Mostly cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly clear, with a low around 3. Wind chill values between -10 and zero. West northwest wind 8 to 11 mph.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 17. Northwest wind 7 to 9 mph.
- Sunday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 6.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 23.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 12.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 28.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 15.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 29.
- Wednesday Night A 20 percent chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 21.
- Thursday A 30 percent chance of snow. Partly sunny, with a high near 38.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Upper Treasure Valley, ID
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE