Lake Effect Snow Forecast for Great Lakes, Dangerous Wind Chills Across Upper Midwest
Cold, Arctic air moving across the Upper Midwest will bring Lake Effect snow downwind of the Great Lakes Wed. into Thurs. Snowfall accumulations of 1-2 feet are expected in some locations. Meanwhile temperatures will be 10-30 degrees below normal from the Upper Midwest to the Southern Plains on Wednesday. Wind Chill Advisories or Warnings are in effect across the northern Plains and Upper Midwest.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedNW 3 MPH
- Barometer30.38 in (1028.6 mb)
- Dewpoint29°F (-2°C)
- Visibility0.75 mi
Current conditions at
Portland, Portland International Airport (KPDX)
Lat: 45.59578 Lon: -122.60917 Elev: 20ft.
Lloyd Center OR
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon Areas of freezing fog before 2pm. Partly sunny, with a high near 37. Calm wind becoming east northeast around 5 mph.
- Tonight Areas of fog after 11pm. Areas of freezing fog after 11pm. Otherwise, mostly cloudy, with a low around 26. Light east southeast wind.
- Thursday Rain likely, possibly mixed with freezing rain after 11am. Areas of fog before 11am. Areas of freezing fog before 11am. Otherwise, cloudy, with a high near 34. East wind 5 to 15 mph becoming south in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New ice accumulation of 0.1 to 0.2 of an inch possible.
- Thursday Night Rain, possibly mixed with freezing rain, becoming all rain after 11pm. Low around 34. South wind 10 to 16 mph becoming west southwest after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 21 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
- Friday A 50 percent chance of showers, mainly before 5pm. Cloudy, with a high near 46. West wind 5 to 8 mph becoming calm in the morning.
- Friday Night A 20 percent chance of showers before 11pm. Areas of fog after 11pm. Otherwise, mostly cloudy, with a low around 36.
- Saturday A 30 percent chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 44.
- Saturday Night Rain likely. Cloudy, with a low around 37.
- Sunday A chance of rain. Cloudy, with a high near 47.
- Sunday Night A chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 35.
- Monday A slight chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 45.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 32.
- Tuesday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 42.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Greater Portland Metro Area, OR
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE