Winter Storm to Impact Parts of the Midwest, Northern Appalachians and New England
A storm system will take shape over the central U.S. on Friday, with heavy snow in portions of the Midwest and Ohio Valley. On Saturday, the snow will shift northeast and extend from the Ohio Valley into the New England states. Also, freezing rain will be possible from northwestern Arkansas into Indiana on Friday and along the Central Appalachians into the southern New England on Saturday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedNE 7 mph
- Barometer30.21 in (1023.5 mb)
- Dewpoint28°F (-2°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill28°F (-2°C)
Current conditions at
Fort Smith Regional Airport (KFSM)
Lat: 35.34 Lon: -94.37 Elev: 449ft.
Fort Smith AR
7 Day Forecast
- Today Rain, with thunderstorms also possible after noon. High near 39. East wind 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New rainfall amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
- Tonight Rain and possibly a thunderstorm before midnight, then a chance of drizzle after midnight. Low around 34. East wind 5 to 10 mph becoming northwest after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.
- Saturday A slight chance of drizzle before 9am. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 42. Northwest wind 10 to 20 mph.
- Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 24. Northwest wind 5 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.
- Sunday Sunny, with a high near 45. West wind 5 to 10 mph.
- Sunday Night Clear, with a low around 29. Calm wind becoming southwest around 5 mph.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 56. Southwest wind around 5 mph.
- Monday Night Clear, with a low around 33. Southwest wind around 5 mph becoming calm.
- Tuesday Sunny, with a high near 59. Calm wind.
- Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 34. Calm wind.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 61. Calm wind becoming south around 5 mph.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 42. Calm wind becoming southeast around 5 mph.
- Thursday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 60. South wind 5 to 15 mph.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Sebastian County, AR
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE