Winter Storm Impacting Southern Plains through Ohio Valley
A major icing event is forecast through Friday across portions of the southern Great Plains toward the Lower Ohio Valley, where Winter and Ice Storm Warnings are in effect. Prolonged power outages are possible for this region. This storm system will also bring heavy snow from the Ohio Valley to the mid-Miss. Valley, with heavy rain possible from the central Appalachians to the lower Miss. Valley.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedNW 8 mph
- Barometer30.26 in (1025.6 mb)
- Dewpoint10°F (-12°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill9°F (-13°C)
Current conditions at
Lat: 41.98 Lon: -87.9 Elev: 658ft.
4 Miles SSE Lincolnwood IL
7 Day Forecast
- Today Cloudy, with a high near 22. Northwest wind around 10 mph, with gusts as high as 15 mph.
- Tonight Cloudy, then gradually becoming partly cloudy, with a low around 12. Wind chill values as low as -2. Northwest wind 10 to 15 mph.
- Saturday Sunny, with a high near 21. Wind chill values as low as -2. West northwest wind 5 to 10 mph, with gusts as high as 15 mph.
- Saturday Night A 30 percent chance of snow showers after midnight. Increasing clouds, with a low around 17. Northwest wind around 5 mph becoming calm.
- Sunday A 50 percent chance of snow. Cloudy, with a high near 29. East southeast wind 5 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.
- Sunday Night Snow likely, mainly before midnight. Cloudy, with a low around 24. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
- Monday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 26.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 12.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 23. Breezy.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 11. Breezy.
- Wednesday Partly sunny, with a high near 18.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 11.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 28.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Cook County, IL
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE