Heavy Lake-Effect Snow Across the Great Lakes this Week
Cold winds over the relatively warm Great Lakes will promote heavy lake-effect snow downwind of the lakes through at least Thursday. The heaviest snow will occur in Upstate New York downwind of Lakes Erie and Ontario where up to two feet of snow could fall this week.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
Light Snow Fog/Mist
- Wind SpeedW 6 mph
- Barometer30.33 in (1029.1 mb)
- Dewpoint14°F (-10°C)
- Visibility2.00 mi
- Wind Chill10°F (-12°C)
Current conditions at
Chicago Midway Airport (KMDW)
Lat: 41.79 Lon: -87.75 Elev: 612ft.
5 Miles SE Lincolnwood IL
7 Day Forecast
- Today Cloudy early, then gradual clearing, with a temperature falling to around 9 by 5pm. Wind chill values as low as -8. Blustery, with a west northwest wind 10 to 20 mph.
- Tonight Partly cloudy, with a low around 3. Wind chill values as low as -15. West wind around 15 mph.
- Thursday Partly sunny, with a high near 19. Wind chill values as low as -11. Breezy, with a west southwest wind 15 to 20 mph.
- Thursday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 16. Southwest wind 10 to 15 mph.
- Friday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 28. Southwest wind 5 to 10 mph becoming south southeast in the afternoon.
- Friday Night A 50 percent chance of snow. Cloudy, with a low around 25.
- Saturday Snow likely. Cloudy, with a high near 31. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
- Saturday Night A chance of snow. Cloudy, with a low around 16.
- Sunday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 19.
- Sunday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 9.
- Monday A slight chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 24.
- Monday Night A chance of snow. Cloudy, with a low around 18.
- Tuesday A chance of snow. Cloudy, with a high near 31.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Cook County, IL
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE