Developing storm system in the Midwest moves east on Wednesday
A strengthening low pressure system will move from the Midwest to the Northeast on Wednesday. As it does, it will bring a variety of wintry weather to a large portion of the country. Hardest hit areas are expected to be in the Northeast and New England where 1 to 2 feet of snow is possible.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
Overcast and Breezy
- Wind SpeedN 22 G 30 mph
- Barometer29.71 in (1006.8 mb)
- Dewpoint32°F (0°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill30°F (-1°C)
Current conditions at
Chicago Midway Airport (KMDW)
Lat: 41.79°N Lon: 87.75°W Elev: 612ft.
6 Miles N Chicago IL
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Rain and snow, becoming all snow after 10pm. The snow could be heavy at times. Low around 22. Windy, with a north northeast wind 15 to 20 mph increasing to 25 to 30 mph after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 40 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total nighttime snow accumulation of 3 to 7 inches possible.
- Wednesday Areas of blowing snow and a chance of snow before 1pm, then patchy blowing snow and a slight chance of snow after 1pm. Cloudy, with a temperature falling to around 19 by 5pm. Wind chill values as low as 1. Windy, with a north wind 25 to 30 mph, with gusts as high as 40 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 13. Blustery, with a north wind 15 to 20 mph decreasing to 5 to 10 mph after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 25 mph.
- Thursday A 20 percent chance of snow before 1pm. Partly sunny, with a high near 37. Breezy, with a southwest wind 5 to 10 mph increasing to 15 to 20 mph in the afternoon.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 30. South southwest wind around 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 46.
- Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 29.
- Saturday Mostly sunny, with a high near 38.
- Saturday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 21.
- Sunday A slight chance of snow. Partly sunny, with a high near 28.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 17.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 33.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 24. Breezy.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 47. Breezy.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Cook County, IL
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE