Major Winter Storm Continues Across Central, Eastern U.S.
The major winter storm that has been affecting much of the central U.S. continues to move eastward on Friday, bringing a variety of hazards from the southern Plains to New England, including a significant ice storm. Heavy snow and freezing rain are expected from the Ohio Valley into central Texas. Icy conditions will cause dangerous driving conditions and extended power outages are possible.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedNW 9 mph
- Barometer30.39 in (1030.8 mb)
- Dewpoint7°F (-14°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill8°F (-13°C)
Current conditions at
Chicago Midway Airport (KMDW)
Lat: 41.79 Lon: -87.75 Elev: 612ft.
6 Miles N Chicago IL
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Partly cloudy, with a low around 9. Wind chill values as low as -4. Northwest wind around 10 mph, with gusts as high as 15 mph.
- Saturday Sunny, with a high near 20. Wind chill values as low as -4. Northwest wind 5 to 10 mph.
- Saturday Night A 30 percent chance of snow showers after 3am. Increasing clouds, with a temperature rising to around 21 by 5am. Northwest wind around 5 mph becoming calm.
- Sunday A 50 percent chance of snow, mainly after noon. Cloudy, with a high near 30. East southeast wind 5 to 10 mph, with gusts as high as 15 mph.
- Sunday Night Snow likely before midnight, then a chance of snow and freezing drizzle. Cloudy, with a low around 20. East southeast wind 10 to 15 mph becoming west southwest after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
- Monday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 26.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 11.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 24. Breezy.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 11. Breezy.
- Wednesday Partly sunny, with a high near 18.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 11.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 28.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 22.
- Friday A slight chance of snow. Partly sunny, with a high near 35.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Cook County, IL
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE