Winter Weather Affecting Much of the Country
Winter weather conditions are affecting much of the country this week. Cold air is plunging into the Western and Central U.S., as heavy snow continues across the Northern Plains and Great Lakes. As the system moves east and south, a major icing event is forecast for portions of the Southern Plains to the Ozarks and into the Ohio Valley beginning Thursday.
- Wind SpeedW 16 G 25 mph
- Barometer29.83 in (1010.5 mb)
- Dewpoint26°F (-3°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill21°F (-6°C)
Current conditions at
Chicago Midway Airport (KMDW)
Lat: 41.79 Lon: -87.75 Elev: 612ft.
2 Miles NE Chicago IL
7 Day Forecast
- Today Mostly cloudy, with a high near 32. West wind around 15 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph.
- Tonight Mostly cloudy, with a low around 17. West northwest wind around 10 mph, with gusts as high as 15 mph.
- Friday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 23. Northwest wind 10 to 15 mph.
- Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 12. Wind chill values as low as -3. Northwest wind around 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.
- Saturday Sunny, with a high near 22. West northwest wind 5 to 15 mph.
- Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 18.
- Sunday A 40 percent chance of snow after noon. Cloudy, with a high near 30.
- Sunday Night Snow likely. Cloudy, with a low around 24.
- Monday A chance of snow. Partly sunny, with a high near 27.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 7.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 19.
- Tuesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 11.
- Wednesday Partly sunny, with a high near 20.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Cook County, IL
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE