Strengthening winter storm impacting Northeast; severe weather possible in Mid-Atlantic
A developing storm system will move from the Ohio Valley into the Northeast on Wednesday, bringing accumulating snow from the Lower Great Lakes to northern New England. Some areas could see more than a foot of snow. Meanwhile, there is a Slight Risk of severe thunderstorms in the Mid-Atlantic, with damaging winds as the main threat.
- Wind SpeedENE 8 MPH
- Barometer30.34 in (1027.2 mb)
- Dewpoint31°F (-1°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill39°F (4°C)
Current conditions at
Portland, Portland-Troutdale Airport (KTTD)
Lat: 45.55111°N Lon: 122.40889°W Elev: 36ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Today Sunny, with a high near 65. East wind 15 to 20 mph becoming light and variable in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 23 mph.
- Tonight Mostly clear, with a low around 37. Calm wind.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 58. Light west wind.
- Thursday Night A 40 percent chance of rain, mainly after 11pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 42. Light southwest wind.
- Friday Rain likely. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 55. South southeast wind 3 to 6 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Friday Night A 30 percent chance of showers, mainly before 11pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 42.
- Saturday A 20 percent chance of rain. Partly sunny, with a high near 66.
- Saturday Night A slight chance of rain. Partly cloudy, with a low around 47.
- Sunday A slight chance of rain. Partly sunny, with a high near 65.
- Sunday Night A slight chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 43.
- Monday A chance of showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 50.
- Monday Night A slight chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 38.
- Tuesday A chance of showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 52.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Greater Portland Metro Area, OR
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE