Lake Effect Snow Forecast for Great Lakes, Dangerous Wind Chills Across Upper Midwest
Cold, arctic air moving across the Upper Midwest will bring Lake Effect snow downwind of the Great Lakes through Thursday. Snowfall accumulations of 1-2 feet are expected in some locations. Meanwhile temperatures will be 10-20 degrees below normal from the Upper Midwest to the Southern Plains through Thursday. Wind Chill Advisories are in effect for parts of the Midwest.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedE 23 G 35 MPH
- Barometer30.19 in (1022.3 mb)
- Dewpoint22°F (-6°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill23°F (-5°C)
Current conditions at
Portland, Portland-Troutdale Airport (KTTD)
Lat: 45.55111 Lon: -122.40889 Elev: 36ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Today A slight chance of rain or freezing rain before 1pm, then rain. High near 38. Breezy, with an east wind 18 to 22 mph, with gusts as high as 34 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. Total daytime ice accumulation of around a 0.1 of an inch possible.
- Tonight Showers. Low around 37. South wind 7 to 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Friday A 50 percent chance of showers, mainly before 4pm. Cloudy, with a high near 45. South southwest wind 3 to 5 mph. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Friday Night A 20 percent chance of showers before 10pm. Areas of fog after 10pm. Otherwise, mostly cloudy, with a low around 35. Light and variable wind.
- Saturday A 20 percent chance of rain after 10am. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 45. Light and variable wind.
- Saturday Night A 40 percent chance of rain. Cloudy, with a low around 36.
- Sunday A 30 percent chance of rain. Cloudy, with a high near 45.
- Sunday Night A slight chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 32.
- Monday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 45.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 31.
- Tuesday A slight chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 44.
- Tuesday Night A chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 38.
- Wednesday A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 45.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Greater Portland Metro Area, OR
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE