Lake Effect Snow Forecast for Great Lakes, Dangerous Wind Chills Across Upper Midwest
Cold, Arctic air moving across the Upper Midwest will bring Lake Effect snow downwind of the Great Lakes Wed. into Thurs. Snowfall accumulations of 1-2 feet are expected in some locations. Meanwhile temperatures will be 10-30 degrees below normal from the Upper Midwest to the Southern Plains on Wednesday. Wind Chill Advisories or Warnings are in effect across the northern Plains and Upper Midwest.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedNW 17 mph
- Barometer30.34 in (1028.8 mb)
- Dewpoint18°F (-8°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill14°F (-10°C)
Current conditions at
Champaign / Urbana, University of Illinois-Willard (KCMI)
Lat: 40.04 Lon: -88.28 Elev: 774ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Today A chance of flurries before noon. Mostly cloudy, then gradually becoming sunny, with a temperature falling to around 14 by 5pm. Wind chill values between -1 and 9. Northwest wind 14 to 17 mph, with gusts as high as 28 mph.
- Tonight Mostly clear, with a low around 1. Wind chill values between -3 and -12. Northwest wind 6 to 11 mph becoming west southwest after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 15 mph.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 20. Wind chill values between -1 and -11. Southwest wind 6 to 14 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 16. Wind chill values between 4 and 9. South southwest wind around 10 mph.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 30. South southwest wind 8 to 10 mph.
- Friday Night Snow likely. Cloudy, with a low around 26. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
- Saturday Snow likely, mainly before noon. Cloudy, with a high near 32. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
- Saturday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 17.
- Sunday Partly sunny, with a high near 20.
- Sunday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 7.
- Monday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 23.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 18.
- Tuesday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 32.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Champaign County, IL
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE