Proposed changes to icons on NWS Point Forecast Pages
The National Weather Service is collecting comments on proposed changes to the icons we use on our Point Forecast Pages. These changes are intended to enhance communication of rapidly changing weather conditions, while also highlighting current weather hazards
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedCalm
- Barometer29.66 in (1004.7 mb)
- Dewpoint34°F (1°C)
- Visibility4.00 mi
Current conditions at
Champaign / Urbana, University of Illinois-Willard (KCMI)
Lat: 40.04°N Lon: 88.28°W Elev: 774ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Today Partly sunny, with a high near 64. Calm wind becoming south 5 to 8 mph in the morning.
- Tonight Rain before 4am, then snow. Low around 27. Blustery, with a north northeast wind 10 to 15 mph increasing to 20 to 25 mph after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 38 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.
- Wednesday Snow before 7am, then snow likely with patchy blowing snow between 7am and 1pm, then a chance of snow after 1pm. Temperature falling to around 24 by 5pm. Blustery, with a north northwest wind 21 to 26 mph, with gusts as high as 40 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 10. Wind chill values between 1 and 6. North northwest wind 6 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 23 mph.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 40. South southwest wind 5 to 13 mph, with gusts as high as 16 mph.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 30.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 53. Breezy.
- Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 31.
- Saturday Mostly sunny, with a high near 49.
- Saturday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 29.
- Sunday A chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 42.
- Sunday Night A chance of rain and snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 23.
- Monday Partly sunny, with a high near 37.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Champaign County, IL
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE