Major Winter Storm Continues Moving into the Eastern Third of the U.S. While Another System Begins Impacting the West Coast
Snow, sleet, freezing rain and heavy rainfall will continue to impact the eastern third of the U.S. through the weekend. Extremely cold temperatures will continue to settle into the western two-thirds of the country behind this storm system. In the meantime, a reinforcing shot of cold air is beginning to impact the West Coast as the next system approaches.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedN 10 mph
- Barometer30.31 in (1027.7 mb)
- Dewpoint28°F (-2°C)
- Visibility3.00 mi
- Wind Chill20°F (-7°C)
Current conditions at
Crossville Memorial-Whitson Field Airport (KCSV)
Lat: 35.96 Lon: -85.08 Elev: 1867ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Today Mostly cloudy, with a high near 37. North northeast wind 5 to 15 mph.
- Tonight A chance of freezing rain and sleet between 9pm and midnight, then rain likely. Cloudy, with a low around 34. North northeast wind 5 to 10 mph becoming east southeast after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New ice accumulation of less than a 0.1 of an inch possible. Little or no snow accumulation expected.
- Sunday Rain. High near 45. Southeast wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the morning. Chance of precipitation is 90%.
- Sunday Night Rain likely. Cloudy, with a low around 40. Calm wind becoming south southwest around 5 mph in the evening. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
- Monday Rain likely. Cloudy, with a high near 46. West northwest wind around 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
- Monday Night Snow and sleet likely. Cloudy, with a low around 29. North wind 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
- Tuesday A 20 percent chance of light snow before noon. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 42. North northwest wind 5 to 10 mph.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 24. Calm wind becoming north around 5 mph after midnight.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 42. North northeast wind around 5 mph.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 26.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 44.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 29.
- Friday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 48.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Putnam County, TN
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE