Major Winter Storm Continues Across Central, Eastern U.S.
The major winter storm that has been affecting much of the central U.S. continues to move eastward on Friday, bringing a variety of hazards from the southern Plains to New England, including a significant ice storm. Heavy snow and freezing rain are expected from the Ohio Valley into central Texas. Icy conditions will cause dangerous driving conditions and extended power outages are possible.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedNW 10 mph
- Barometer30.33 in (1028.6 mb)
- Dewpoint2°F (-17°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill4°F (-16°C)
Current conditions at
Milwaukee, General Mitchell International Airport (KMKE)
Lat: 42.96 Lon: -87.9 Elev: 630ft.
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon Partly sunny, with a high near 18. Northwest wind around 10 mph.
- Tonight Partly cloudy, with a low around 5. Wind chill values between -10 and zero. Northwest wind around 10 mph.
- Saturday Sunny, with a high near 16. Wind chill values between -10 and zero. West wind 5 to 10 mph.
- Saturday Night Increasing clouds, with a low around 9. Northwest wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the evening.
- Sunday Snow likely, mainly after noon. Cloudy, with a high near 23. Light and variable wind becoming east 5 to 10 mph in the morning. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New snow accumulation of around an inch possible.
- Sunday Night Snow. Low around 18. East wind 5 to 10 mph becoming west after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.
- Monday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 22. Breezy, with a west wind 10 to 20 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 5. Breezy, with a west wind 15 to 20 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph.
- Tuesday A 20 percent chance of snow. Partly sunny, with a high near 20. Breezy.
- Tuesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 6. Breezy.
- Wednesday Partly sunny, with a high near 14.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 7.
- Thursday Partly sunny, with a high near 24.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Milwaukee County, WI
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE