Hazardous Weather Conditions
Last Update: 432 AM EDT TUE OCT 21 2014
Coastal Waters East of Ipswich Bay and the Stellwagen Bank National Marine Sanctuary
Marine Zone Forecast
...SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM NOON EDT TODAY THROUGH WEDNESDAY MORNING...
- SynopsisLOW PRES OVER LAKE ONTARIO WEAKENS AND GIVES WAY TO A NEW AREA OF
LOW PRES OFF THE DELAWARE COAST. THIS LOW MAY BECOME A GALE CENTER
SOUTH OF NEW ENGLAND WED INTO THU. BY FRI THE LOW WEAKENS AND
BEGINS TO MOVE OFFSHORE. BY SAT THE LOW IS IN THE MARITIMES WITH
WESTERLY FLOW ACROSS NEW ENGLAND.
FOR INFORMATION ON POSSIBLE HAZARDOUS WEATHER BEYOND THE 24-36 HOUR
FORECAST PERIOD...PLEASE VISIT WWW.WEATHER.GOV/BOSTON AND FOLLOW THE
CURRENT HAZARDS LINK ABOVE THE MAP ON THE LEFT.
- Today SE winds 10 to 15 kt with gusts up to 25 kt. Seas 3 to 5 ft. A slight chance of tstms. A chance of showers this morning...then showers likely this afternoon. Some tstms may produce heavy rainfall. Vsby 1 to 3 nm this afternoon.
- Tonight E winds 10 to 15 kt...becoming NE after midnight. Gusts up to 20 kt. Seas 4 to 6 ft. Patchy fog. A chance of showers. Vsby 1 to 3 nm.
- Wed NE winds 10 to 15 kt...increasing to 15 to 20 kt in the afternoon. Gusts up to 25 kt. Seas 5 to 7 ft. Patchy fog. A chance of showers. Vsby 1 to 3 nm.
- Wed Night NE winds 15 to 20 kt with gusts up to 30 kt. Seas 6 to 9 ft. Patchy fog. Showers. Vsby 1 to 3 nm.
- Thu NE winds 10 to 15 kt with gusts up to 25 kt...becoming E 5 to 10 kt in the afternoon. Seas 7 to 10 ft. Showers. Vsby 1 to 3 nm.
- Thu Night N winds 5 to 10 kt. Gusts up to 20 kt after midnight. Seas 6 to 8 ft. Showers likely.
- Fri NW winds 10 to 15 kt with gusts up to 25 kt. Seas 5 to 7 ft. A chance of showers.
- Fri Night NW winds 10 to 15 kt with gusts up to 20 kt. Seas 4 to 6 ft.
- Sat NW winds around 10 kt. Seas 3 to 5 ft.
- Sat Night W winds 10 to 15 kt. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
winds and seas higher in and near tstms.
seas are reported as significant wave height...which is the average of the highest third of the waves. individual wave heights may be more than twice the significant wave height.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Coastal Waters East of Ipswich Bay and the Stellwagen Bank National Marine Sanctuary
ABOUT THIS FORECAST
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE