Hazardous Weather Conditions
Last Update: 717 PM EDT MON JUL 28 2014
Coastal Waters East of Ipswich Bay and the Stellwagen Bank National Marine Sanctuary
Marine Zone Forecast
...SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY FOR HAZARDOUS SEAS IN EFFECT THROUGH
- SynopsisA COLD FRONT WILL CROSS THE WATERS LATE TONIGHT AND TUE. THIS COLD
FRONT WILL BE SLOW TO MOVE FARTHER OFFSHORE...AND WILL LINGER E OF
THE MASSACHUSETTS COAST THROUGH FRI.
FOR INFORMATION ON POSSIBLE HAZARDOUS WEATHER BEYOND THE 24-36 HOUR
FORECAST PERIOD...PLEASE VISIT WWW.WEATHER.GOV/BOSTON AND FOLLOW THE
CURRENT HAZARDS LINK ABOVE THE MAP ON THE LEFT.
- Tonight SW winds 10 to 15 kt with gusts up to 20 kt. Seas 3 to 5 ft. Patchy fog after midnight with vsby 1 to 3 nm.
- Tue W winds 10 to 15 kt with gusts up to 20 kt... Becoming S 5 to 10 kt in the afternoon. Seas 2 to 4 ft.
- Tue Night S winds 5 to 10 kt...becoming SW after midnight. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Wed NE winds around 5 kt...becoming SE in the afternoon. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Wed Night S winds around 5 kt. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Thu S winds 5 to 10 kt. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Thu Night SW winds 5 to 10 kt. Seas 2 to 4 ft.
- Fri S winds around 5 kt. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Fri Night SE winds 5 to 10 kt. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Sat E winds around 5 kt. Seas around 2 ft.
- Sat Night E winds around 5 kt. Seas around 2 ft.
seas are reported as significant wave height...which is the average of the highest third of the waves. individual wave heights may be more than twice the significant wave height.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Coastal Waters East of Ipswich Bay and the Stellwagen Bank National Marine Sanctuary
ABOUT THIS FORECAST
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE