Hazardous Weather Conditions
Last Update: 347 PM EDT FRI OCT 31 2014
Coastal Waters East of Ipswich Bay and the Stellwagen Bank National Marine Sanctuary
Marine Zone Forecast
...STORM WARNING IN EFFECT FROM SATURDAY EVENING THROUGH SUNDAY AFTERNOON...
- SynopsisHIGH PRES WILL SLIDE N OF THE WATERS TONIGHT. LOW PRES WILL
INTENSIFY S OF NEW ENGLAND EARLY SAT...TRACKING JUST E OF GEORGES
BANK SUNDAY MORNING. HIGH PRES WILL PUSH E TOWARD THE WATERS LATE
SUNDAY AND MON. HIGH PRES MOVES E OF THE WATERS WITH A RETURN TO A
SW FLOW FOR TUE AND WED,
FOR INFORMATION ON POSSIBLE HAZARDOUS WEATHER BEYOND THE 24-36 HOUR
FORECAST PERIOD...PLEASE VISIT WWW.WEATHER.GOV/BOSTON AND FOLLOW THE
CURRENT HAZARDS LINK ABOVE THE MAP ON THE LEFT.
- Tonight NE winds 15 to 20 kt with gusts up to 25 kt. Seas 3 to 5 ft. Showers likely...mainly after midnight.
- Sat NE winds 20 to 25 kt with gusts up to 30 kt...increasing to 25 to 30 kt with gusts up to 40 kt in the afternoon. Seas 8 to 13 ft. Patchy fog. Rain. Vsby 1 to 3 nm.
- Sat Night N winds 30 to 40 kt with gusts up to 50 kt. Seas 16 to 21 ft. Rain. Vsby 1 to 3 nm.
- Sun N winds 30 to 40 kt with gusts up to 45 kt. Seas 13 to 18 ft. Rain likely.
- Sun Night NW winds 25 to 30 kt. Gusts up to 40 kt in the evening. Seas 7 to 10 ft.
- Mon NW winds 20 to 25 kt...diminishing to 15 to 20 kt in the afternoon. Gusts up to 30 kt. Seas 4 to 7 ft.
- Mon Night NW winds 15 to 20 kt with gusts up to 30 kt... Diminishing to 10 to 15 kt with gusts up to 20 kt after midnight. Seas 3 to 5 ft.
- Tue SW winds 5 to 10 kt. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Tue Night SW winds 10 to 15 kt with gusts up to 25 kt. Seas 2 to 4 ft.
- Wed SW winds 10 to 15 kt with gusts up to 25 kt. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Wed Night SW winds 5 to 10 kt. Seas around 2 ft. A chance of showers.
seas are reported as significant wave height...which is the average of the highest third of the waves. individual wave heights may be more than twice the significant wave height.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Coastal Waters East of Ipswich Bay and the Stellwagen Bank National Marine Sanctuary
ABOUT THIS FORECAST
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE