Winter Storm Impacting Southern Plains through Ohio Valley
A major icing event is forecast through Friday across portions of the southern Great Plains toward the Lower Ohio Valley, where Winter and Ice Storm Warnings are in effect. Prolonged power outages are possible for this region. This storm system will also bring heavy snow from the Ohio Valley to the mid-Miss. Valley, with heavy rain possible from the central Appalachians to the lower Miss. Valley.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind Speedcalm
- Barometer29.89 in
- Dewpoint-14°F (-26°C)
- Visibility7.00 mi
Current conditions at
Steamboat Springs (KSBS)
Lat: 40.51530 Lon: -106.86767 Elev: 6890ft.
Steamboat Springs CO
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight Mostly cloudy, with a low around -19. Calm wind.
- Friday Mostly cloudy and cold, with a high near 10. Wind chill values as low as -15. Light west southwest wind becoming west 5 to 10 mph in the morning.
- Friday Night A 20 percent chance of snow after 9pm. Cloudy, with a low around 1. South wind around 5 mph.
- Saturday Snow likely. Cloudy, with a high near 21. South wind around 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.
- Saturday Night Snow likely, mainly before 11pm. Cloudy, with a low around 5. West southwest wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the evening. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
- Sunday A 40 percent chance of snow. Cloudy, with a high near 17.
- Sunday Night A 30 percent chance of snow, mainly before 11pm. Cloudy, with a low around -7.
- Monday Mostly cloudy and cold, with a high near 9.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around -4.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 23.
- Tuesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 6.
- Wednesday Partly sunny, with a high near 22.
- Wednesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 8.
- Thursday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 24.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Upper Yampa River Basin, CO
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE