Slight risk of severe weather on Sunday
The NWS Storm Prediction Center in Norman, Oklahoma expects a slight risk of severe for portions of the Central United States on Sunday. The area of greatest concern is in southern Minnesota, western Iowa, eastern Nebraska and northern Kansas. The primary threat for these locations will be large hail and damaging winds, however, a few isolated tornadoes are also possible.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
33NM NW New Buffalo MI
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 11:02 pm CDT Aug 30, 2014
Forecast Valid: 12am CDT Aug 31, 2014-6pm CDT Sep 6, 2014
WAVES ARE PROVIDED AS A RANGE OF SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHTS...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES...ALONG WITH THE AVERAGE HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 10 PERCENT OF THE WAVES WHICH WILL OCCASIONALLY BE ENCOUNTERED.
- SynopsisLOW PRESSURE OF 29.7 INCHES LIES AT THE NORTHERN TIP
OF LAKE MICHIGAN THIS EVENING AND WILL DRAG A COLD FRONT SOUTH ACROSS
THE LAKE...CLEARING THE SOUTH END OF LAKE MICHIGAN BY EARLY
SUNDAY. HIGH PRESSURE OF 30.0 INCHES WILL BRIEFLY BUILD OVER THE
NORTHERN LAKES BEHIND THE FRONT SUNDAY...WHILE ANOTHER LOW OF 29.5
INCHES DEVELOPS OVER THE NORTHERN PLAINS. THIS LOW WILL DEEPEN TO
29.1 INCHES AS IT REACHES HUDSON BAY TUESDAY...DRAGGING ANOTHER
COLD FRONT SOUTH ACROSS LAKE MICHIGAN MONDAY NIGHT. A 29.7 INCH
LOW WILL MOVE ACROSS THE CANADIAN PRAIRIES WEDNESDAY THROUGH
- Overnight SW wind 5 to 10 kt. Mostly cloudy. Waves around 1 ft.
- Sunday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly sunny. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Sunday Night S wind 5 to 15 kt. Partly cloudy. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Labor Day S wind around 15 kt, with gusts as high as 25 kt. Showers and thunderstorms, mainly after 1pm. Waves 2 to 3 ft.
- Monday Night SSW wind around 15 kt. A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Waves around 3 ft.
- Tuesday WNW wind around 10 kt. A chance of showers and thunderstorms before 1pm. Waves 1 to 2 ft.
- Tuesday Night W wind around 10 kt becoming SSW after midnight. Partly cloudy. Waves around 1 ft.
- Wednesday S wind around 10 kt. A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms. Waves around 1 ft.
- Wednesday Night S wind around 10 kt, with gusts as high as 15 kt. A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms. Waves around 1 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE