Severe thunderstorms possible this evening and tonight
Large hail and damaging winds may occur from eastern Montana into North Dakota. Strong storms are also possible over the southern mid-Atlantic states. Hot weather continues across the southern Plains to Arizona.
33NM NW New Buffalo MI
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 12:02 am CDT Jul 25, 2014
Forecast Valid: 1am CDT Jul 25, 2014-6pm CDT Jul 31, 2014
WAVES ARE PROVIDED AS A RANGE OF SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHTS...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES...ALONG WITH THE AVERAGE HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 10 PERCENT OF THE WAVES WHICH WILL OCCASIONALLY BE ENCOUNTERED.
- SynopsisHIGH PRESSURE OF 30.2 INCHES LIES ACROSS THE WESTERN
GREAT LAKES WILL MOVE TO THE MID ATLANTIC COAST BY SATURDAY WHILE
TWO AREAS OF LOW PRESSURE DEVELOP TO OUR WEST. THE FIRST LOW OF
29.7 INCHES WILL DEVELOP OVER THE NORTHERN PLAINS THURSDAY
NIGHT...THEN MOVE INTO THE WESTERN LAKES LATE FRIDAY AND
DISSIPATE. MEANWHILE...A SECOND LOW OF 29.6 INCHES WILL DROP INTO
THE CANADIAN PRAIRIES FRIDAY...THEN MOVE INTO THE CENTRAL GREAT
LAKES REGION SUNDAY. A COLD FRONT WILL MOVE ACROSS THE LAKE BEHIND
THIS FRONT AND HIGH PRESSURE OF 30.2 INCHES WILL BUILD ACROSS THE
CENTRAL AND NORTHERN PLAINS MONDAY...THEN EXPAND EASTWARD ON
- Overnight Variable winds 5 kt or less. Partly cloudy. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Friday SSW wind around 10 kt. A chance of showers and thunderstorms after 1pm. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Friday Night S wind 10 to 15 kt, with gusts as high as 20 kt. Showers and thunderstorms likely, mainly after 1am. Waves 1 to 2 ft.
- Saturday S wind 5 to 15 kt becoming W in the afternoon. A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms. Waves 1 to 2 ft.
- Saturday Night WNW wind 5 to 10 kt becoming WSW in the evening. A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Sunday WSW wind 10 to 15 kt becoming WNW in the afternoon. A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Waves around 1 ft.
- Sunday Night NNW wind 15 to 20 kt, with gusts as high as 25 kt. A slight chance of showers before 1am. Waves 2 to 4 ft.
- Monday N wind around 20 kt, with gusts as high as 30 kt. Mostly sunny. Waves 5 to 6 ft. occasionally to 8ft.
- Monday Night N wind 10 to 20 kt. Partly cloudy. Waves 5 ft subsiding to 2 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE