Rain, mountain snow continue out west; rain and thunderstorms forecast for Southeast and Gulf Coast
Rain and mountain snow are expected across parts of northern California and the Pacific Northwest on Friday. Heavy snow is forecast for the higher mountain elevations over the weekend. Meanwhile, rain and thunderstorms are forecast for parts of the Southeast and Gulf Coast states Friday and Saturday.
24NM NNW Long Beach IN
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 10:03 am CST Dec 19, 2014
Forecast Valid: 11am CST Dec 19, 2014-6pm CST Dec 25, 2014
WAVES ARE PROVIDED AS A RANGE OF SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHTS...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES...ALONG WITH THE AVERAGE HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 10 PERCENT OF THE WAVES WHICH WILL OCCASIONALLY BE ENCOUNTERED.
- SynopsisAN AREA OF HIGH PRESSURE OF 30.4 INCHES STRETCHES FROM
THE MID MISSISSIPPI VALLEY NORTH INTO ONTARIO. THIS HIGH WILL
MOVE SLOWLY EAST ACROSS THE WESTERN GREAT LAKES REGION TODAY AND
TONIGHT...SPANNING FROM THE LOWER OHIO VALLEY TO QUEBEC BY
SATURDAY MORNING. THE HIGH WILL REMAIN TO THE EAST ON SUNDAY...AS
A TROUGH OF LOW PRESSURE OF 29.4 INCHES DEVELOPS EAST OF THE
CANADIAN ROCKIES. THE LOW WILL MOVE SOUTHEAST ACROSS THE NORTHERN
PLAINS SUNDAY NIGHT AND TO SOUTHERN MINNESOTA AND NORTHERN IOWA BY
MONDAY AFTERNOON. THE LOW WILL THEN DRIFT EAST ACROSS WISCONSIN
AND LAKE MICHIGAN MONDAY NIGHT AND TUESDAY WHILE FILLING TO 29.5
INCHES. ANOTHER LOW WILL DEVELOP TUESDAY NIGHT OVER THE OHIO
VALLEY...AND WILL LIFT NORTH TO THE EASTERN GREAT LAKES WEDNESDAY
WHILE RAPIDLY DEEPENING TO 29.1 INCHES. THE LOW WILL LIFT
NORTHEAST INTO QUEBEC THURSDAY.
- Today NNW wind 5 to 10 kt. Cloudy. Waves 1 to 2 ft.
- Tonight Variable winds 5 kt or less. Cloudy. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Variable winds 5 kt or less. A slight chance of flurries before 2pm. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Night SSW wind 5 to 10 kt. Mostly cloudy. Waves around 1 ft.
- Sunday S wind 10 to 15 kt. Cloudy. Waves 1 to 3 ft.
- Sunday Night S wind around 15 kt, with gusts as high as 20 kt. Cloudy. Waves around 3 ft.
- Monday SSE wind around 15 kt, with gusts as high as 20 kt. A chance of rain. Waves around 3 ft.
- Monday Night S wind around 15 kt, with gusts as high as 20 kt. Rain likely. Waves around 3 ft.
- Tuesday S wind 10 to 15 kt becoming SW in the afternoon. A chance of rain. Waves 2 to 3 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE