Mix of precipitation forecast for much of eastern, southern U.S.
A system moving across the Great Lakes will bring a mix of precipitation from the southern Plains to New England on Tuesday. Rain is forecast from TX across the Southeast and into the mid-Atlantic, with freezing rain, sleet and/or mixed precipitation from the Midwest across the Ohio Valley and Central Appalachians. Snow is forecast from the northern Plains across the Great Lakes into New England.
24NM NW New Buffalo MI
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 4:03 pm CST Mar 3, 2015
Forecast Valid: 5pm CST Mar 3, 2015-6pm CDT Mar 10, 2015
WAVES ARE PROVIDED AS A RANGE OF SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHTS...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES...ALONG WITH THE AVERAGE HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 10 PERCENT OF THE WAVES WHICH WILL OCCASIONALLY BE ENCOUNTERED.
- SynopsisLOW PRESSURE OF 29.5 INCHES OVER NORTHERN LAKE
MICHIGAN...WILL MERGE WITH A DEEPER LOW OF 29.3 INCHES OVER
NORTHERN ONTARIO AND THEN CROSS JAMES BAY TONIGHT. HIGH PRESSURE
OF 30.6 INCHES WILL BUILD SOUTHEAST FROM ALBERTA INTO THE
NORTHERN PLAINS THROUGH WEDNESDAY AND WILL STRENGTHEN TO 30.7
INCHES AS IT CONTINUES SOUTHEAST ACROSS THE CENTRAL PLAINS AND
INTO THE LOWER OHIO VALLEY BY LATE THURSDAY. THE HIGH WILL THEN
MOVE OFF TO THE EAST FRIDAY AS ANOTHER LOW OF 29.4 INCHES MOVES
ACROSS SOUTHERN HUDSON BAY. THIS LOW WILL TRAIL A COLD FRONT
ACROSS THE UPPER MIDWEST AND GREAT LAKES REGION THIS WEEKEND.
- Tonight W wind 15 to 20 kt becoming NW after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 25 kt. A slight chance of snow showers between midnight and 3am. Waves 1 to 3 ft.
- Wednesday WNW wind 15 to 20 kt, with gusts as high as 25 kt. A slight chance of snow showers. Waves 3 to 4 ft.
- Wednesday Night NW wind 15 to 20 kt. Scattered snow showers. Waves 4 to 5 ft.
- Thursday NW wind 10 to 15 kt becoming W in the afternoon. A slight chance of snow showers. Waves 3 to 4 ft.
- Thursday Night W wind 10 to 15 kt becoming SSW after midnight. Mostly clear. Waves 1 to 2 ft.
- Friday SSW wind 15 to 25 kt, with gusts as high as 30 kt. Mostly sunny. Waves 1 to 2 ft.
- Friday Night SW wind 15 to 25 kt. Mostly cloudy. Waves 1 to 2 ft.
- Saturday SW wind 10 to 15 kt becoming WNW in the afternoon. Partly sunny. Waves around 1 ft.
- Saturday Night WNW wind around 10 kt, with gusts as high as 15 kt. Mostly cloudy. Waves around 1 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE