Hazardous Weather Conditions
Last Update: 851 AM PDT SAT OCT 25 2014
Waters from Point Reyes to Pigeon Point from 10 to 60 nm
Marine Zone Forecast
...GALE WARNING IN EFFECT UNTIL 2 PM PDT THIS AFTERNOON...
...SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 2 PM PDT THIS AFTERNOON
THROUGH THIS EVENING...
- SynopsisA STRONG SURFACE LOW PRESSURE CENTERED OFF THE OREGON COAST WILL
CONTINUE TO LIFT NORTHEASTWARD TODAY...RESULTING IN STRONG AND
GUSTY SOUTHERLY WINDS. WINDS WILL THEN DIMINISH AND SWITCH TO THE
NORTHWEST THROUGH THE AFTERNOON IN WAKE OF A FRONTAL PASSAGE. THIS
SYSTEM WILL BRING SHOWERS TO THE REGION TODAY WITH THE POSSIBILITY
OF THUNDERSTORMS OVER THE NORTHERN WATERS THIS AFTERNOON AND
EVENING. NORTHWEST FLOW WILL INCREASE EARLY NEXT WEEK AS HIGH
PRESSURE BUILDS OFF THE CALIFORNIA COAST.
- Today SW winds 25 to 35 kt...dimminishing to 15 to 25 kt in the afternoon. Combined seas 12 to 19 ft dominant period 12 seconds. Chance of rain late in the morning. Isolated thunderstorms through the day. Widespread showers in the afternoon.
- Tonight NW winds 10 to 20 kt. Wind waves 2 to 4 ft. NW swell 9 to 11 ft at 12 seconds. Scattered showers.
- Sun NW winds 10 to 20 kt. Wind waves 2 to 4 ft. NW swell 8 to 10 ft at 12 seconds.
- Sun Night NW winds 15 to 25 kt. Wind waves 3 to 6 ft. NW swell 6 to 8 ft at 12 seconds.
- Mon NW winds 15 to 25 kt. Wind waves 3 to 5 ft. NW swell 6 to 8 ft at 11 seconds.
- Tue NW winds 10 to 20 kt. Wind waves 2 to 4 ft. NW swell 4 to 6 ft...shifting to the W 7 to 8 ft.
- Wed NW winds 5 to 15 kt. Wind waves 1 to 3 ft. W swell 6 to 8 ft.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Waters from Point Reyes to Pigeon Point from 10 to 60 nm
ABOUT THIS FORECAST
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE