Lake Effect Snow Forecast for Great Lakes, Dangerous Wind Chills Across Upper Midwest
Cold, arctic air moving across the Upper Midwest will bring Lake Effect snow downwind of the Great Lakes through Thursday. Snowfall accumulations of 1-2 feet are expected in some locations. Meanwhile temperatures will be 10-20 degrees below normal from the Upper Midwest to the Southern Plains through Thursday. Wind Chill Advisories are in effect for parts of the Midwest.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedSW 18 mph
- Barometer30.40 in (1030.5 mb)
- Dewpoint8°F (-13°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill31°F (-1°C)
Current conditions at
Columbia Regional Airport (KCOU)
Lat: 38.83 Lon: -92.22 Elev: 893ft.
Mid Missouri MO
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon Sunny, with a high near 38. Southwest wind 10 to 13 mph.
- Tonight Mostly clear, with a low around 22. South wind around 10 mph.
- Friday Freezing rain and sleet likely before 2pm, then rain and sleet likely between 2pm and 5pm, then freezing rain and sleet likely after 5pm. Increasing clouds, with a high near 36. South wind 9 to 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New ice accumulation of less than a 0.1 of an inch possible. New sleet accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Friday Night Occasional snow and sleet. Low around 27. Southeast wind 5 to 8 mph becoming light and variable. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Saturday Cloudy, with a high near 33. Northwest wind 8 to 13 mph.
- Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 14.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 29.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 21.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 39.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 25.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 42.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 25.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 42.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Boone County, MO
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE