Winter Storm Impacting Southern Plains through Ohio Valley
A major icing event is forecast through Friday across portions of the southern Great Plains toward the Lower Ohio Valley, where Winter and Ice Storm Warnings are in effect. Prolonged power outages are possible for this region. This storm system will also bring heavy snow from the Ohio Valley to the mid-Miss. Valley, with heavy rain possible from the central Appalachians to the lower Miss. Valley.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind Speedcalm
- Barometer30.07 in
- Dewpoint-15°F (-26°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
Current conditions at
Lat: 38.418037 Lon: -110.704038 Elev: 4444ft.
4 Miles NNW Capitol Reef NP UT
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight Partly cloudy, with a low around 7. Wind chill values as low as -1. West northwest wind around 5 mph.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 20. Wind chill values as low as -2. Light and variable wind becoming southeast 5 to 8 mph in the afternoon.
- Friday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 10. Wind chill values as low as zero. South southwest wind 3 to 8 mph.
- Saturday Snow likely, mainly after 11am. Cloudy, with a high near 22. South wind 5 to 13 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.
- Saturday Night Snow likely. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 13. South southwest wind 7 to 11 mph becoming west in the evening. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New snow accumulation of around an inch possible.
- Sunday A 20 percent chance of snow showers. Mostly sunny, with a high near 19.
- Sunday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 6.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 21.
- Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 9.
- Tuesday Sunny, with a high near 23.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 14.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 28.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 18.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 25.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for San Rafael Swell, UT
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE