Major Winter Storm Continues Across Central, Eastern U.S.
The major winter storm that has been affecting much of the central U.S. continues to move eastward on Friday, bringing a variety of hazards from the southern Plains to New England, including a significant ice storm. Heavy snow and freezing rain are expected from the Ohio Valley into central Texas. Icy conditions will cause dangerous driving conditions and extended power outages are possible.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedE 30 G 37 MPH
- Barometer30.02 in (1016.5 mb)
- Dewpoint11°F (-12°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill14°F (-10°C)
Current conditions at
Portland, Portland International Airport (KPDX)
Lat: 45.59578 Lon: -122.60917 Elev: 20ft.
2 Miles ENE Lloyd Center OR
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Mostly cloudy, with a low around 15. Wind chill values as low as -3. Windy, with an east wind 26 to 30 mph, with gusts as high as 48 mph.
- Saturday Sunny, with a high near 28. Wind chill values as low as -3. Breezy, with an east wind 18 to 23 mph decreasing to 10 to 15 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 37 mph.
- Saturday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 12. East wind around 6 mph.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 30. Light east wind.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 15. Light east northeast wind.
- Monday Partly sunny, with a high near 30.
- Monday Night A slight chance of rain, snow, and freezing rain. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 20. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Tuesday A chance of rain, snow, and freezing rain. Cloudy, with a high near 38.
- Tuesday Night A chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 34.
- Wednesday A chance of rain. Cloudy, with a high near 40.
- Wednesday Night Rain likely. Cloudy, with a low around 38.
- Thursday Rain likely. Cloudy, with a high near 45.
- Thursday Night Showers likely. Cloudy, with a low around 38.
- Friday Showers likely. Cloudy, with a high near 44.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Greater Portland Metro Area, OR
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE