Another Round of Winter Weather Tracking across the Nation this Weekend
Significant winter weather continues to plague the nation as another storm system tracks from coast to coast this weekend. Heavy snow and unseasonable cold will impact parts of the West on Saturday, while even colder temperatures and life-threatening wind chills spread through the Northern Plains. Sleet and freezing rain is forecast from the Tennessee Valley to Mid-Atlantic on Sunday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedCalm
- Barometer30.55 in (1034.4 mb)
- Dewpoint15°F (-9°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
Current conditions at
Poughkeepsie, Dutchess County Airport (KPOU)
Lat: 41.64 Lon: -73.88 Elev: 155ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Today Increasing clouds, with a high near 32. Calm wind becoming north around 5 mph.
- Tonight Snow before 1am, then snow and sleet between 1am and 5am, then snow, freezing rain, and sleet after 5am. Low around 27. Calm wind becoming east 5 to 7 mph after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 90%. Little or no ice accumulation expected. New snow and sleet accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.
- Monday Rain, freezing rain, and sleet, becoming all rain after 11am. High near 42. Calm wind becoming southwest around 6 mph in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 90%. Little or no ice accumulation expected. New sleet accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Monday Night A slight chance of rain and snow showers before 8pm, then a slight chance of snow showers between 8pm and 1am. Cloudy, then gradually becoming partly cloudy, with a low around 26. West wind 7 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Tuesday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 37. Northwest wind 6 to 8 mph.
- Tuesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 20.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 30.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 9.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 26.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 7.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 28.
- Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 10.
- Saturday Partly sunny, with a high near 29.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Western Dutchess, NY
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE