Developing storm system in the Midwest moves east on Wednesday
A strengthening low pressure will move from the Midwest to the Northeast on Wednesday. As it does, it will bring several inches of snow from northern Illinois to Maine. The hardest hit areas are expected to be from western New York to Maine where 1 to 2 feet of snow is possible.
- Wind SpeedCalm
- Barometer29.70 in (1005.4 mb)
- Dewpoint30°F (-1°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
Current conditions at
Poughkeepsie, Dutchess County Airport (KPOU)
Lat: 41.64°N Lon: 73.88°W Elev: 155ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight A chance of rain, mainly after 5am. Cloudy, with a low around 38. Calm wind. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Wednesday Rain, mainly after 9am. The rain could be heavy at times. High near 41. Northeast wind 3 to 6 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New precipitation amounts between a half and three quarters of an inch possible.
- Wednesday Night Rain, snow, freezing rain, and sleet, becoming all snow after 1am. Low around 15. Blustery, with a north wind 13 to 23 mph, with gusts as high as 34 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New ice accumulation of less than a 0.1 of an inch possible. New snow and sleet accumulation of less than one inch possible.
- Thursday Snow showers likely, mainly before 7am. Cloudy through mid morning, then gradual clearing, with a high near 25. Wind chill values as low as -2. Northwest wind around 18 mph, with gusts as high as 36 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 8. Northwest wind 6 to 11 mph becoming light and variable after midnight.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 38.
- Friday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 30.
- Saturday A chance of rain and snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 51. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Saturday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 26.
- Sunday Partly sunny, with a high near 40.
- Sunday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 20.
- Monday Partly sunny, with a high near 32.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 19.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 36.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Western Dutchess, NY
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE